The Student Room Group

Should I accept or humbly decline the offer?

So I'm on a dating website checking my messages and a decent guy (similar age, attractive, good job, etc) says his friend is unable to attend a comedy show with him. Instead, he'd like to offer me the ticket to see it with him.

Bear in mind I don't know the guy. I also imagine he might be lying about the friend thing and is using it as excuse to eventually get something out of me.

Should I accept or humbly decline the offer?
If he seems a decent guy. You should. WHat do you have to lose. Im sure he wont murder or rape you in the comedy club.
Does it matter that you don't know him? If you weren't interested in getting to know people then you wouldn't be on the dating website in the first place. And hell, a free comedy show is a great first date and allows for plenty of conversation. Just go, you've got nothing to lose.
Reply 3
Good place for a first date IMO.
You're right to be cautious, it's online dating :tongue:

His friend is "unable to attend", that's an old one, even I've used that one before :biggrin:

Honestly, as weird as it sounds, I'd go for it - seems like he's going to give you the ticket for free, plus you already seem to like him so why not?
The comedy ticket probably is a lie but who cares just go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending