The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham 'Languages For All' courses

Looking for some experiences from anyone who has done one of these alongside their degree, how they found it time-wise and whether it was useful?

Cheers!
Original post by Antifazian
Looking for some experiences from anyone who has done one of these alongside their degree, how they found it time-wise and whether it was useful?

Cheers!

Giving this a little bump! :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Antifazian

Cheers!

I did find it useful, and it did lead to me studying abroad briefly which was rather nice. Its a lot of work though, I did two hour sessions which were pretty intense, and I had homework to go along with them. The classes themselves were changeling and mostly conversational. And we got exams, which were not the highlight of the experience but its nice to end up with something on paper.

Overall: Useful, manageable with care but it is a lot of effort.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by QuantumOverlord
I did find it useful, and it did lead to me studying abroad briefly which was rather nice. Its a lot of work though, I did two hour sessions which were pretty intense, and I had homework to go along with them. The classes themselves were changeling and mostly conversational. And we got exams, which were not the highlight of the experience but its nice to end up with something on paper.

Thanks for your input!
Reply 4

Did you do a lot of grammar and written work too? Or just day-to-day conversations?

Also, how much extra studying did you find yourself doing at home?
Original post by WokSz
Did you do a lot of grammar and written work too? Or just day-to-day conversations?

Also, how much extra studying did you find yourself doing at home?

The homework was all written, while most of the class was conversational. Each class did introduce new grammar and vocabulary though, which was promptly used in conversation.
Reply 6
The homework was all written, while most of the class was conversational. Each class did introduce new grammar and vocabulary though, which was promptly used in conversation.

Do you have to pay for these classes?
Original post by WokSz
Do you have to pay for these classes?

Yes of course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest