The Student Room Group

Is singing generally a very attractive trait?

For me a girl who sings well is an incredibly feminine and attractive thing. I would marry them just so they would sing to me. Do others feel the same? And what about guys 'in a band' who think they can sing?
Reply 1
Original post by Zarek
For me a girl who sings well is an incredibly feminine and attractive thing. I would marry them just so they would sing to me. Do others feel the same? And what about guys 'in a band' who think they can sing?

I think it's cute if a guy can sing- I can't sing for **** so it wouldn't be a deciding factor.
Reply 2
Personally it's a bit of a non-issue. But hey, each to their own.
Reply 3
Original post by Another
Personally it's a bit of a non-issue. But hey, each to their own.

I guess singing talent is relatively rare, probably even lower occurrence than striking good looks, so if it were a prerequisite one would be facing long periods of celibacy. Also difficult to judge on a first date, unless you set up an audition.
Reply 4
Both my ex's could sing so I guess for me, anecdotally, yeah.
I find girls with good voices very attractive. Like Florence and the Manchine, not amazing looking but so sexy when she's singing.
Reply 6
Original post by CJKay
Both my ex's could sing so I guess for me, anecdotally, yeah.

Did it make you fancy the pants off them?
It's pleasant if a woman does, but whenever guys sing I utterly hate it
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Did it make you fancy the pants off them?

Can't say it really made that much difference, but I like women with hobbies and, so, it sort of helped by virtue of being a hobby.
Reply 9
Used to go to see babe who sang outside a pub at the beach front in the summer on Sunday lunchtimes. Voice like an angel, barefoot..

I could have married her, even with the fact her partner was on the guitar + kid in pushchair.
Original post by Zarek
I guess singing talent is relatively rare, probably even lower occurrence than striking good looks, so if it were a prerequisite one would be facing long periods of celibacy. Also difficult to judge on a first date, unless you set up an audition.

Really? From what I've experienced, "good" singers are a dime a dozen. Pretty much 50% of the people in my [all girls] grammar school had a knack for it, with a handful being exceptional per year.

I can understand why it could be attractive, but not to the point where it can influence romantic interest in someone else. Then again, I'm a girl, not a guy :lol:
ye its attractive
A guy that can sing is a big turn on for me especially if they have voices like Ian Curtis or Jeff Buckley :tongue:
Reply 13
So you would laugh at him :laugh:

Singing is attractive
Hayley williams :love:
Evanescence :love:
Yes yes yes!!! I'm a sucker for anyone who's a good singer
I think it'd be nice but it wouldn't have much of an effect on attractiveness to me

Quick Reply