The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Halls accomodation

hi there,

I've left it a bit late to apply for accomodation, I'm just wondering if its to late to apply for student halls of residance?

Also i have applied for private student accommodation and currently have a place as i have paid my deposit, it is more expensive than student halls though at 520 PCM, on paper it looks although i can afford this with just my student loan, although money would be tight. my question is are there a lot of hidden costs that i may be unaware off that is going to leave me skint if i take this more expensive accommodation?

thanks for any answers in advance
Original post by scott1873
hi there,

I've left it a bit late to apply for accomodation, I'm just wondering if its to late to apply for student halls of residance?

Also i have applied for private student accommodation and currently have a place as i have paid my deposit, it is more expensive than student halls though at 520 PCM, on paper it looks although i can afford this with just my student loan, although money would be tight. my question is are there a lot of hidden costs that i may be unaware off that is going to leave me skint if i take this more expensive accommodation?

thanks for any answers in advance

I've found it cheaper to actually rent out my own flat rather than halls as most i've seen are around £123 pw whereas you can rent out flats very cheaply and bills dont cost that much more on top. I share with one girl and we each pay around £300 pcm including bills which is actually pretty good! and money left over from loans which is alright!!
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
is your flat in the city centre and is it furnished? i was looking at renting private flats but the student accommodation that i have put my deposit down for has a games room, cinema room, and a gym and its all brand new and very nice flats and full of students, so i was hoping all them facilities would be good to meet new people, do you still meet a lot of new people not staying in student accommodation?
Original post by scott1873
is your flat in the city centre and is it furnished? i was looking at renting private flats but the student accommodation that i have put my deposit down for has a games room, cinema room, and a gym and its all brand new and very nice flats and full of students, so i was hoping all them facilities would be good to meet new people, do you still meet a lot of new people not staying in student accommodation?

My flat is in ibrox which is just a quick subway in or 30 min walk which i don't mind :smile: Yeah student accommodation is good for the social aspect I suppose but I'm not quite sure the price is worth it, plus for me I wouldn't of been able to afford it anyway, yeah I meet people at college, also perks of having your own place, house parties and peace and quiet if you aren't always in the mood for socializing :P I don't think you always need student accommodation to meet people, just makes it easier, which is great if you have the money for it.
Reply 4
I got rejected from student accommodation today so they may not have any places left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest