The Student Room Group

The British justice system is the most barbaric in the world.

Look at this guy:

This mans name was Thavisha Lakindu Peiris. He was an immigrant who came to Britain, believing that Britain was a better place than his home country of Sri Lanka. Thavisha's parents saved up to send him here, believing that Britain was a safe place for their son. Thavisha was a hard woking guy, working as as a pizza delivery man to make his way while he tried to secure a job in IT. He did secure that job. However, in his final shift before quitting, he was murdered by a violent thug who stabbed him 14 times for his mobile phone:

This persons name is Kasim Ahmed, a 17 year old ( at the time of the murder ) low life criminal who had a string of previous violent convictions and was well know to authorities.

According to the judge during the trial, Kasim's record was 'truly terrible for somebody so young' adding 'this was a murder waiting to happen'.

The obvious question is then obvious: IF THIS WAS A MURDER WAITING TO HAPPEN THEN WHY WAS THIS VIOLENT THUG OUT ON THE STREETS IN THE FIRST PLACE???

British justice is so weak. So permissive. So indifferent to the suffering of victims that it sees fit to release known violent offenders back out onto the streets, in the full knowledge that they will go on to commit more violent crimes.

Basically, British justice is like a psychopath who releases a rabid dog into a school playground while claiming its the civilised thing to do.

There is saying which goes: Those that are kind to the cruel, are cruel to the kind.

BRITAIN IS PATHOLOGICALLY CRUEL TO THE KIND!!!!!

Thavisha's cousin summed up Britain well: "....a glossy red apple with a rotten core."

-----

Full story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2704921/Murdered-iPhone-natural-born-killer-bail-Serial-robber-never-let-out.html
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OMG YEAH I SEEN THIS THREAD LAST TIME,I WANTED TO POST SOMETHING.

I really feel sorry for that poor Sri lankan dude,it's always sadists that are committing these type of hate crimes...
Reply 2
Kasim Ahmed, then 17, already had a string of convictions for violence and thefts when he stabbed Thavisha Peiris 14 times

REALLLY?

Ahmed and his cousin Shamraze Khan (pictured), 26, targeted Mr Peiris for his iPhone :mad:

Seriously they killed him for his Iphone......

Ahmed and his cousin Shamraze Khan
(edited 9 years ago)
sad
Your thread title doesn't really help your point. The British justice system is categorically one of the least barbaric in the world.
Reply 5
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Your thread title doesn't really help your point. The British justice system is categorically one of the least barbaric in the world.

Are you joking?they protect rapists,they release criminals and they put good people in jail if they defend themselves against bad people....
Original post by Minchui
Are you joking?they protect rapists,they release criminals and they put good people in jail if they defend themselves against bad people....

Flawed =/= most barbaric

Does Britain have the death penalty? Is homosexuality illegal? Are women forbidden from driving? Is apostasy illegal?
Reply 7
Its a very sad story and clearly mistakes have been made by the justice system, but since when did weak = barbaric??

Using capital punishment or stoning women for being raped is barbaric, not this.
Original post by Olie
Its a very sad story and clearly mistakes have been made by the justice system, but since when did weak = barbaric??

Using capital punishment or stoning women for being raped is barbaric, not this.

Of course a week justice system is barbaric. Justice (and within that strong punishment) are part and parcel of civilised society.
Reply 9
Original post by limetang
Only on the homosexuality one I'd say.

Death penalty is not a good thing - it's overly expensive and pointless.
The country is not ****, although that one's subjective, but there are patently and obviously worse countries out there.
The justice system does not set out to protect anyone, it works purely on a fair and equal basis, the only way a justice system should work.

They're not correct about anything of importance and should not be treated as though they have any sort of insight or intellect.
Reply 10
Original post by limetang
Of course a week justice system is barbaric. Justice (and within that strong punishment) are part and parcel of civilised society.

Well you must be going by a different definition to the word then, if you google the word 'barbaric', you get this -

barbaric
bɑːˈbarɪk/Submit
adjective
savagely cruel.
"he carried out barbaric acts in the name of war"
synonyms: brutal, barbarous, brutish, bestial, savage, vicious, fierce, ferocious, wicked, cruel, nasty, ruthless, remorseless, merciless, villainous, murderous, heinous, nefarious, monstrous, base, low, low-down, vile, inhuman, infernal, dark, black, black-hearted, fiendish, hellish, diabolical, ghastly, horrible

You can argue the British justice system is flawed of course, but it is certainly not barbaric at all, if anything, its the opposite.
It is the most barbaric....by being the least barbaric....

Tbh, I think the success of the the legal system can be measured by the crime rate in this country which is fairly low.
Original post by Minchui
The death penalty is a good thing :wink:,your country is ****,they protect rapist/pedophiles drug addicts and criminals.

Homosexuality should be illegal

For Women forbidden and driving it's Islamic countries but most of countries don't care about that.

We seem to be talking at cross purposes. I was just trying to make the point that the British justice system is not the most barbaric in the world, regardless of our individual opinions as to what should and shouldn't be illegal. Are you saying that there isn't a single country that has a worse justice system than Britain?

As for your final comment, does the fact that those countries are Islamic and in the minority excuse them from being considered for the most barbaric justice system in the world?
Reply 13
Original post by Seb_back2back
I'm generally neutral on issues like this, but this just awakened my previously hibernating right-wing mindset lol.

Barbaric is a strong word.The Romans crucified people,but in their eyes they were not the ones who were barbaric.I favor corporal punishment/death penalty for certain crimes (rapes-murderers-drug addicts-alcoholics)

Sometimes as a mandatory sentence,sometimes as an alternative to incarceration.Prison itself is not a deterrent for many offenders,it is a bill-free vacation to get reacquainted with fellow criminals.We may as well put something in place that actually scares them and if they are lost to society we should hang them!.
Reply 14
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
We seem to be talking at cross purposes. I was just trying to make the point that the British justice system is not the most barbaric in the world, regardless of our individual opinions as to what should and shouldn't be illegal. Are you saying that there isn't a single country that has a worse justice system than Britain?

As for your final comment, does the fact that those countries are Islamic and in the minority excuse them from being considered for the most barbaric justice system in the world?

No there are some worse than the British system but there are loads of country better than the British system.
Original post by Minchui
Barbaric is a strong word.The Romans crucified people,but in their eyes they were not the ones who were barbaric.I favor corporal punishment/death penalty for certain crimes (rapes-murderers-drug addicts-alcoholics)

I agree with the death penalty for murderers and to some extent rapists, but killing drug addicts and alcoholics may be a little excessive, don't you think? No 3rd party harm, and even if there was any 3rd party harm which caused damage that would be dealt with separately in the Criminal Justice System.

You're Asian, aren't you? (Not relevant, just asking)
Reply 16
Original post by Minchui
Kasim Ahmed, then 17, already had a string of convictions for violence and thefts when he stabbed Thavisha Peiris 14 times

REALLLY?

Ahmed and his cousin Shamraze Khan (pictured), 26, targeted Mr Peiris for his iPhone :mad:

Seriously they killed him for his Iphone......

Ahmed and his cousin Shamraze Khan

Muslims as usual always of Pakistanis decent ...
yeah because a true muslim would be a menace to society, whilst stabbing innocent men (murder) and stealing his iphone (theft), all of which are forbidden in islam. i remember reading about this story, i felt expectionally bad, the guy was onto new things, new jobs he was making it, pizza delievery to it technicians, looked like a happy guy to, my dad used to do delievery work and you're always that tiny bit scared, r.i.p to the guy, and of course the sentence should be harsher, it doesnt seem like these to are going to change anytime to either, just a waste of space and a danger to society
Reply 17
this may blow your mind, but sometimes locking people up for decades in dehumanising conditions with other criminals often doesn't reform them. Shocker!

The justice systems first priority should be to keep the public safe, and its second should be to reform criminals and helping them rehabilitate into society. State sanctioned vengeance shouldn't even factor into it. Punishing criminals as harshly as possible may feel good, but in the end it benefits nobody.
Original post by Minchui

Sometimes as a mandatory sentence,sometimes as an alternative to incarceration.Prison itself is not a deterrent for many offenders,it is a bill-free vacation to get reacquainted with fellow criminals.We may as well put something in place that actually scares them and if they are lost to society we should hang them!.

You seriously support the death penalty for drug addicts and alcoholics? :facepalm:

Original post by Minchui
No there are some worse than the British system but there are loads of country better than the British system.

If you agree that there are some worse than the British system, why did you take issue with me saying that it's not the most barbaric in the world?
Reply 19
Original post by Zeroic
yeah because a true muslim would be a menace to society, whilst stabbing innocent men (murder) and stealing his iphone (theft), all of which are forbidden in islam. i remember reading about this story, i felt expectionally bad, the guy was onto new things, new jobs he was making it, pizza delievery to it technicians, looked like a happy guy to, my dad used to do delievery work and you're always that tiny bit scared, r.i.p to the guy, and of course the sentence should be harsher, it doesnt seem like these to are going to change anytime to either, just a waste of space and a danger to society

And there we have it 'they weren't Muslims'. They were Muslims...:mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending