The Student Room Group

Where do you go to purchase brand new phones on the release date?

If I want to get the iphone 6 the first week it comes out before it goes out of stock, do I have to go the Apple store in person? or can I purchase it online? Will carphone warehouse website sell it the first day?

How does it work??
New iPhones sell out within minutes everywhere, every year, without fail. Places like Carphone Warehouse will get day one stock most likely but it will fly out the door, and even most pre-order plans will not guarantee it, rather just ensure you get it at the earliest available opportunity depending on how many thousands of people pre-ordered before you. Plus this year is set to be the largest redesign to the iPhone since the 4 came out if rumours are accurate, demand may be even higher than usual.

If you absolutely have to have one on opening day without risk of disappointment, you're probably going to have to be one of "those people" and camp out for the launch at an Apple store or somewhere else selling it. There will be a week or two between the announcement and the release, so start asking around your local phone stores and Apple stores to see how they handled past iPhone launches and how early you should expect to turn up to be in with a good chance of getting one.
Reply 2
I don't have to have it the first day, but I would like to have it the first week because my phone is on it's way out and I really need a new one but I'm waiting for the new iphone.

If I pre-order it, when pre-order comes about, would I likely get it within 7 days of the release?
Original post by chocomalbom
I don't have to have it the first day, but I would like to have it the first week because my phone is on it's way out and I really need a new one but I'm waiting for the new iphone.

If I pre-order it, when pre-order comes about, would I likely get it within 7 days of the release?

They're not just selling out of day 1 stock but of their entire initial stock allocation, they aren't going to hold anything back. So once everywhere's sold out the country is effectively empty of stock until Apple dispatch more, which if I remember correctly takes 1-2 weeks per shipment. As for if you'll get one then, again it depends how many people are in the pre-order queue before you. It's very difficult to tell with products like this where the gap in supply and demand is a whacking great cavern!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending