Rejection from DMU and offered alternative for Health Science or Sociology
Been a strange day, two replies aha
Congrats to everyone though, keep holding on those who haven't heard xx
Original post by Ellice97
Offer from Manchester :biggrin:

Well done on Manchester - you still waiting on other unis - have you picked your favourite?
Original post by JordanC55
Thanks! It just takes the pressure off of Leeds as I'm happy with DMU and it's funded!

where are you firming? X

Yeah!! That's really good news!!
Still not 100% but probably BCU if I don't get Leeds which it's looking very unlikely now!
I really liked both Manchester met and BCU but BCU is more of a coursework based course which I prefer to exams so that's why I'm swaying that way! But the accommodation is better at man met haha! It's so tricky deciding - I wasn't expecting a choice haha! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just caught up on all the offers
Congrats guys!!! That's awesome news

And for everyone still waiting - keep holding on!!! Hopefully things will speed up as we hit March!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellice97
Offer from Manchester :biggrin:

At least that's two less replies to wait for? Is Manc one of your too choices?
Original post by Higlet
Yeah!! That's really good news!!
Still not 100% but probably BCU if I don't get Leeds which it's looking very unlikely now!
I really liked both Manchester met and BCU but BCU is more of a coursework based course which I prefer to exams so that's why I'm swaying that way! But the accommodation is better at man met haha! It's so tricky deciding - I wasn't expecting a choice haha! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:

I completely get you in terms of coursework as I feel it's a lot less stress whereas exams it's very much what you know in the moment. If you feel that way then you'd probs be more successful at BCU; I do agree about MMU having better accommodation, and Manchester in general would be a better experience imo - so they both have their pros and cons! Just have to weigh up student experience over academic experience and vice versa! That's what I did when I applied two years ago, I had to weigh up my 5 offers both academically and socially! Just don't let anyone else influence you cause I let my parents talk me out of Queen's Belfast which I regret! I'm kinda happy this time that I don't have to make a choice! DMU completely blows Strath out of the water purely based on funding.

good luck though! X
Original post by eskimok1
Thanks for being so lovely guys :smile:
It's just stressful how I've been pooled for UEA and DMU, and i had my interview in december!!! It's such an awful feeling and I just want the wait over :')
Well done to everyone with offers, so pleased for you all! X

You got an offer from City haven't you? So does that take some of the stress off?

Good luck though! Don't worry about DMU as I genuinely think it's a case of no news is good news with them.
It's really weird how people get offers from one uni and reject from others! Kinda shows that each one is looking for something different I guess.
It's really weird how people get offers from one uni and reject from others! Kinda shows that each one is looking for something different I guess.

Plus just shows how application processes are flawed and that we're all awesome and some unis just don't know how to recognise that :P ahhaha #positivespin
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Plus just shows how application processes are flawed and that we're all awesome and some unis just don't know how to recognise that :P ahhaha #positivespin

Haha I like that, it just shows though that just cause you get rejected doesn't mean you're not good enough! You just didn't apply to the right unis.
I just noticed a few of the unis are in extra, does that mean they didn't get enough applications?
I just noticed a few of the unis are in extra, does that mean they didn't get enough applications?

Which unis?
If better not be Leeds or I'll hunt them down!! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
:biggrin:

I completely get you in terms of coursework as I feel it's a lot less stress whereas exams it's very much what you know in the moment. If you feel that way then you'd probs be more successful at BCU; I do agree about MMU having better accommodation, and Manchester in general would be a better experience imo - so they both have their pros and cons! Just have to weigh up student experience over academic experience and vice versa! That's what I did when I applied two years ago, I had to weigh up my 5 offers both academically and socially! Just don't let anyone else influence you cause I let my parents talk me out of Queen's Belfast which I regret! I'm kinda happy this time that I don't have to make a choice! DMU completely blows Strath out of the water purely based on funding.

good luck though! X

EXACTLY!! Like I know I should go for BCU because of the course but at the same time I'd prefer living at Manchester and I feel like there may be more 'stuff' going on at Manchester met than BCU.
Not that there will be much time to do other 'stuff' on a speech therapy course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind letting us know which are in extra? Thanks 😊
What does everyone mean when they say DMU cos of the funding? All the courses are funded?!
Most are on Extra - BCU Cardiff City Leeds Beckett MMU Newcastle Marjon Strathclyde are showing at the min
Original post by izzydizzyyy
What does everyone mean when they say DMU cos of the funding? All the courses are funded?!

Jordan's other offer is from a Scottish Uni which is funded differently
Well done to everyone with recent offers...things are really drawing to a close now! Sympathies to those who've had rejections...Hang in there and hopefully good news is on it's way. I still haven't had my interview yet so I fully get how this process can wear you down**
Original post by AmyPilot
Most are on Extra - BCU Cardiff City Leeds Beckett MMU Newcastle Marjon Strathclyde are showing at the min

Ugh this annoys me, why is Leeds Beckett on when they evidently can't even make up their minds up of they want me!! If they need more people they should just pick me haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just had an offer from DMU! My interview was only on Feb 24th! That's crazy!

Only applied to DMU! Sooooo happy! Also shocked because that offer (via email) was so fast! Wasn't expecting any news for ages yet!

Congratulations to everyone.

One of my conditions was evidence of Degree - but I did submit both my BA and my MA to them... Hrmmm. Anyone know?

Sorry for rambling.

Quick Reply

Latest