The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by madagascar
I'm thinking of phoning them cos I just want to make sure everything is alright. Cardiff Met, my insurance, got in touch straight away!

I'm a mature student and I live just outside Plymouth so I won't be going into uni accommodation. Have you visited the accommodation at Marjon? Do you know if you're gonna be doing halls or student village? Even though I won't be going into either I had a look at both on an open day just being nosey haha!!

Yeah or send an email.. although i'm not sure who I would send it too but I feel your concern! I am thinking of going into halls, hopefully one with an ensuite room because then it would be mixed sex and I am pretty sure our course will be all female so it would be nice to mix with some other people on campus!
Original post by madagascar
OMG when does your course finish? That's a lot of work still to do! How big are the assignments?

I have 4 assignments (inc 1 exam) left, which are worth 3 credits each, and finish on 5th June! Feels like lots to get done in the next 2 weekends as I work during the week. Can't wait to finish it now and get to uni!

My course finishes in 3 weeks and I have 10 assignments and 1 exam left to do... and YUP big assignments!!! The college that I'm at is just sooo unorganised! :frown: But I know once I've done it all it'll be UNI TIME! :biggrin: we're nearly there!!!
Original post by LT1508
I haven't heard about the request for money for DBS:/ when did you hear about this?! Yeah application for halls opens on the 1st June and I think we fill out an application online. I think it goes on a first come first served basis as well so I think i'm going to get up early and get it sent away on that day haha!

Oh - I paid for my DBS sometime over a month ago! They made out like it was quite desperate as they stated if I didn't complete the online form within 2 days it could jeopardize my place :/ ahhh okay yeah! I might join you there and get up at the crack of dawn too ahaa - still undecided on whether to request ensuite or not as I am also not overly keen on single sex flats! Bit 19th century aha
Original post by LT1508
Yeah or send an email.. although i'm not sure who I would send it too but I feel your concern! I am thinking of going into halls, hopefully one with an ensuite room because then it would be mixed sex and I am pretty sure our course will be all female so it would be nice to mix with some other people on campus!

I agree with you about mixed sex halls and also think generally that halls would be much more fun than the student village as you'll meet more people :smile:
Original post by izzydizzyyy
My course finishes in 3 weeks and I have 10 assignments and 1 exam left to do... and YUP big assignments!!! The college that I'm at is just sooo unorganised! :frown: But I know once I've done it all it'll be UNI TIME! :biggrin: we're nearly there!!!

Good luck with it all! :smile:
Reply 3485
I had my email today from BCU about the DBS and Occupational Health questionnaire - it's all beginning to feel really 'real' now!
Reply 3486

Good luck:smile:
Original post by mrsrev
I had my email today from BCU about the DBS and Occupational Health questionnaire - it's all beginning to feel really 'real' now!

Yep, me too!! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!!!
I just called BCU up actually as I couldn't find the dates to attend the DBS Day Event. All the information you'll need for those going to BCU is in the link entitled 'To register to attend'. There are many dates to choose from...running right up till late August.
Original post by JaaySLT
Yep, me too!! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!!!

Glad we've finally heard something concrete.

Exciting times!
For those attending BCU: Where do we locate the Clinical visit forms? TIA for any replies...
Reply 3491
Original post by JaaySLT
For those attending BCU: Where do we locate the Clinical visit forms? TIA for any replies...

One of the links in the email is the health form. It is a pdf file.
Re BCU health form

I'm a bit confused about the immunization section on the form I guess history of chicken pox means have you ever had it?

I have no idea about BCG, MMR or Hepatitis inoculations. I'm guessing I wont have had many of them. Will my doctors have details or can I just leave it blank? I know someone said that OH can do a blood test to determine immunization status

Any one have any ideas, thanks
Original post by mrsrev
One of the links in the email is the health form. It is a pdf file.

oh...I thought the occupational health form was a different thing entirely to the clinical visit form? I may be having a dizzy moment! Thank you anyway!!!
Going back on the mySRS account it seems that the Occupational Health Form is required as well as the clinical visit Forms? Can anyone clarify?
Reply 3495
Original post by shropshirelass51
Re BCU health form

I'm a bit confused about the immunization section on the form I guess history of chicken pox means have you ever had it?

I have no idea about BCG, MMR or Hepatitis inoculations. I'm guessing I wont have had many of them. Will my doctors have details or can I just leave it blank? I know someone said that OH can do a blood test to determine immunization status

I was talking to someone at college today who has just started working for the NHS and she said the doctor should provide this information, so I am popping down there tomorrow after the dentist. They might charge, but shouldn't. I know I had my BCG before my first teaching practice and have the scar to prove it - but no idea of the exact date. As for the others, I have no idea either...
Original post by shropshirelass51
Re BCU health form

Chicken pox will be if you've had it or not.
Like others have said, check with your doctor. You might need to phone them up in advance so they can retrieve your records etc.
if the Doctor doesn't have it and you're still not sure, either ring the uni or put unknown. You can do a blood test for Hepatitis and a skin test for BCG (the uni organized these, but depends on BCU policy) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
Chicken pox will be if you've had it or not.
Like others have said, check with your doctor. You might need to phone them up in advance so they can retrieve your records etc.
if the Doctor doesn't have it and you're still not sure, either ring the uni or put unknown. You can do a blood test for Hepatitis and a skin test for BCG (the uni organized these, but depends on BCU policy) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mrsrev
I was talking to someone at college today who has just started working for the NHS and she said the doctor should provide this information, so I am popping down there tomorrow after the dentist. They might charge, but shouldn't. I know I had my BCG before my first teaching practice and have the scar to prove it - but no idea of the exact date. As for the others, I have no idea either...

Thanks both
Reply 3498
Oh - I paid for my DBS sometime over a month ago! They made out like it was quite desperate as they stated if I didn't complete the online form within 2 days it could jeopardize my place :/ ahhh okay yeah! I might join you there and get up at the crack of dawn too ahaa - still undecided on whether to request ensuite or not as I am also not overly keen on single sex flats! Bit 19th century aha

Oh gosh :/ I'm really worried now! I haven't heard anything since making them my firm choice. I don't even know who would be best to contact with regards to the situation either :/! I have checked all through my inbox as well to make sure nothing has gone into my spam but nothing :frown:
Nothing heard here from Marjon either since firming.

Quick Reply

Latest