The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butterfly9595
Like Amy said, pretty sure unis have nothing against you - I think they actually prefer the mature students who want to work hard rather than direct school entries who are really looking the 'university experience'... I got the impression last year that Sheffield thought I was too young to make such a big career choice despite having taken a Gap Year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess you're right :smile: so hopefully I'll get in then hehe
Reply 1481
Original post by Savyannah
Yeah, Reading offered me that course instead of the speech and language therapy course so that one is my favourite looking at the two offers I've been given at the minute but got an interview at Marjon on the 3rd Feb so hopefully have some success there!

All the best of luck!!! :smile:
Reply 1482
I heard back from East Anglia today after 8 weeks of waiting. At the interview they told us they would less us know after 3 weeks.

Unfortunately i got rejected, but fortunately East Anglia wasn't one of my top 2. Just wandering if anyone else has heard back from East Anglia?
Sorry to hear that you got rejected. Hopefully you'll get a place on your preferred choices anyway!!:smile:!!
Has anyone else had an invite to an interview at the uni of Manchester on track but no email from the uni itself? The time of the interview is also 00:00 so I don't know what to think! Plus it's the 4th of Feb which is my Leeds interview date :/ Confused!
Original post by Kaylou12
Has anyone else had an invite to an interview at the uni of Manchester on track but no email from the uni itself? The time of the interview is also 00:00 so I don't know what to think! Plus it's the 4th of Feb which is my Leeds interview date :/ Confused!

Yes I've had the same, but I received a email yesterday from the department stating the actual time at 12:50pm and building ect. Also if that's the case I suggest you change Manchester interview day or Leeds as it may be difficult to have both on same day. You should contact the medical and human science department in Manchester for more info.
Original post by naimah_786
Yes I've had the same, but I received a email yesterday from the department stating the actual time at 12:50pm and building ect. Also if that's the case I suggest you change Manchester interview day or Leeds as it may be difficult to have both on same day. You should contact the medical and human science department in Manchester for more info.

Yes I'll have to request another date, hopefully there are others! Just strange that I didn't get the second email. Oh well! Thanks!
I've only heard back from MMU and got a rejection. Waiting to hear back from Leeds Beckett, Marjon, Birmingham City and Cardiff Met.
Dying to hear from Bham and Cardiff, has anyone else heard from them. I only handed in my app on the 11th January, so worried that will put me at a disadvantage. Although I did also think that since I am a mature student and already have my grades I may get a quicker response? What do people think?
Woohoo I've just been invited for an interview at UEA on 26th February! After their last email telling me I would be considered after the UCAS deadline had passed, I was sure it was going to be a straight out rejection. Proof that you should never give up hope. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.
Uni of Manchester interview tomorrow! Anyone else? Good luck to everyone and well done to those of you with offers, hoping to join you soon!!
Original post by waddle_jl
I've only heard back from MMU and got a rejection. Waiting to hear back from Leeds Beckett, Marjon, Birmingham City and Cardiff Met.
Dying to hear from Bham and Cardiff, has anyone else heard from them. I only handed in my app on the 11th January, so worried that will put me at a disadvantage. Although I did also think that since I am a mature student and already have my grades I may get a quicker response? What do people think?

Sorry to hear about MMU, when did you get a rejection and do you know why it was?
Original post by Kaylou12

I never received a track update when I got invited to the interview in December it was just an email. I would just contact them to see what they say about the time etc
Original post by nesca89
I never received a track update when I got invited to the interview in December it was just an email. I would just contact them to see what they say about the time etc

I had exactly the same issue with the time thing (midnight on the 28th!) but I emailed and they said to check the link in the letter on Track which has all the timings in. A little confusing if you ask me, I'm sure it isn't difficult for them to put 12:50 on all the Track invites since it's the same for everyone!
Original post by nesca89
Sorry to hear about MMU, when did you get a rejection and do you know why it was?

I only have BBB so I'm guessing that's why. I only applied to fill up my choices really, and also I am a qualified primary teacher, so I thought they may overlook my ALevels due to my experience.
I am not so bothered about the rejection, I just really want to hear from
Cardiff and Bham!
Original post by waddle_jl
I only have BBB so I'm guessing that's why. I only applied to fill up my choices really, and also I am a qualified primary teacher, so I thought they may overlook my ALevels due to my experience.
I am not so bothered about the rejection, I just really want to hear from
Cardiff and Bham!

Ahh I see, yeah I learnt last year that man met don't overlook anything and you don't get an interview unless you definitely meet the entry requirements! Good luck with the rest of your choices :smile:
Original post by tcrj
I heard back from East Anglia today after 8 weeks of waiting. At the interview they told us they would less us know after 3 weeks.

Unfortunately i got rejected, but fortunately East Anglia wasn't one of my top 2. Just wandering if anyone else has heard back from East Anglia?

Sorry to hear that.

I heard back from them today as well and got a rejection. I had a feeling that this would happen as I knew the interview didn't go very well for me.

Good luck with the rest of your applications! :smile:
Original post by elkabuzz1
Sorry to hear that.

I heard back from them today as well and got a rejection. I had a feeling that this would happen as I knew the interview didn't go very well for me.

Good luck with the rest of your applications! :smile:

Sorry to both of you for your rejections. Best of luck with the rest of your choices :smile:
unconditional from UEA!
Original post by Miriam John
unconditional from UEA!

Yaay that's brilliant, well done you! :smile:
Original post by Miriam John
unconditional from UEA!

That's awesome news well done!

Quick Reply

Latest