The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone at the Marjon interview on the 3rd? If so, is the presentation topic meant to relate to SLT or just personal to us and unrelated to SLT? Just want to make sure so I don't look stupid on the day! :L
Has anyone heard anything from BCU yet? its slowly getting me down and I am worrying about it. Its easier to just know wether you are going to get a chance or not, so you can start planning your next move!
I still haven't heard, but I know some people have received offers recently and a few interviews, but I think they may be people who applied before you. I'm sure you will hear soon. I'm considering calling them but am a bit nervous about it.

Good luck, I know it's really hard, especially when you only have applied to one Uni as we have done.
It's so stressful waiting isn't it! I can't remember it being this stressful last time, I guess it's a really competitive course. BCU is my top choice, after I hear from them I will be at ease...
Anyone at Sheffield today? I'm so nervous!
Original post by beth_23
Anyone at Sheffield today? I'm so nervous!

I'm not but just wanted to say good luck. I'm at Leeds on Wednesday and I'm super nervous even though it's just a back up uni really. They do a listening test, so I have no idea how that's going to go! Haha
Original post by nesca89
I'm not but just wanted to say good luck. I'm at Leeds on Wednesday and I'm super nervous even though it's just a back up uni really. They do a listening test, so I have no idea how that's going to go! Haha

Thank you! I just hope I've prepared enough. Good luck to you as well!
Good luck to everyone with interviews this week.
Original post by shropshirelass51
Good luck to everyone with interviews this week.

Thank you, I hope you hear some good news this week :smile:
Original post by Savyannah
Is anyone at the Marjon interview on the 3rd? If so, is the presentation topic meant to relate to SLT or just personal to us and unrelated to SLT? Just want to make sure so I don't look stupid on the day! :L

I have been wondering exactly this!!
Reply 1610
I applied for Speech and Language Therapy at Birmingham City University in November via UCAS and I still haven't had any response. Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next?
Original post by ConMS
I applied for Speech and Language Therapy at Birmingham City University in November via UCAS and I still haven't had any response. Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next?

Hi!! I was in the exact same situation as you just under a week ago. I also applied in November and hadn't heard a thing, so started to seriously stress out as to what to do next. I ended up calling the admissions department to see what was going on and was really glad I did. I was advised that they had seen my application but was dealing with a backlog of applications and I would hear from them soon. I did..and now have an interview scheduled in a couple of weeks...yay!!! Long story short, ring up if you feel like you're going mad with the 'silence'. Otherwise, hold out and you're sure to hear something soon!!
Original post by madagascar
I have been wondering exactly this!!

My tables discussions were on driving tests and D of E! It's whatever you think made you resilient x
Original post by JaaySLT
Hi!! I was in the exact same situation as you just under a week ago. I also applied in November and hadn't heard a thing, so started to seriously stress out as to what to do next. I ended up calling the admissions department to see what was going on and was really glad I did. I was advised that they had seen my application but was dealing with a backlog of applications and I would hear from them soon. I did..and now have an interview scheduled in a couple of weeks...yay!!! Long story short, ring up if you feel like you're going mad with the 'silence'. Otherwise, hold out and you're sure to hear something soon!!

well done on finally hearing, it must be a relief !
Original post by shropshirelass51
I still haven't heard, but I know some people have received offers recently and a few interviews, but I think they may be people who applied before you. I'm sure you will hear soon. I'm considering calling them but am a bit nervous about it.

Good luck, I know it's really hard, especially when you only have applied to one Uni as we have done.

Good luck to you as well, i hope we both get some news soon :smile:
Original post by aimeen93
well done on finally hearing, it must be a relief !

Thank you and yes, it's a huge relief!! Just need to start panicking about the interview now lol!!!
Original post by soufflekitty
My tables discussions were on driving tests and D of E! It's whatever you think made you resilient x

Oh fab! Thanks for this - a bit of a relief knowing what to expect!! :smile:
Reply 1617
Original post by JaaySLT

We'll done for the interview! I might phone up and talk to them as we'll!
Just got my first offer from Marjons, which is my top choice!! I am so happy :biggrin:
Original post by elkabuzz1
Just got my first offer from Marjons, which is my top choice!! I am so happy :biggrin:

Woohoo well done!

Quick Reply

Latest