The Student Room Group

Which is the best city in UK has decrease racism anti-muslims ?

I want to study in one of UK universities but as you know many of people has racism anti muslims. the people cant feel independence.
As we heard in the last days when ( http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/nahid-almanea-colchester-murder-inquiry-police-release-efit-of-man-they-want-to-speak-with-9581584.html ).
The main questions

Are the English men and their families have a strong racism ?

Scroll to see replies

My is become a strong racism
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
cure your self, you are sick
Reply 3
Original post by ChickenMadness

become is my strong also racism
My goodness, I hope one story won't put you off going to university in any of Britain's cities. It is quite sad that you have to post something like this.

You'll be fine in any of these universities:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Reply 5
You'd love Bedfordshire's Luton campus. :colone:
Not sure if.....urgh.
Reply 7
Look not everyone's English is perfect, I'd like to see you guys speak his mother tongue..
Reply 8
What is the big attraction in coming to England to study? What's here that is missing in other countries?
Original post by Limpopo
What is the big attraction in coming to England to study? What's here that is missing in other countries?

Well that is easy. We know how to party.
I was kinda worried about racism at one point... Because all I hear in media are white people hating in Muslims and how they want them out the country.

But then again realise how the Muslim in the videos are? They want the sharia law or something. I mean that's brea extreme I'm Muslim I don't that law here! And other Muslims don't really ether

Media is making both sides extreme! I honestly haven't met any anti-Muslim white people maybe kids that called me paki once a few years back but that's it.

If you really want to be on safe side try going to places like Birmingham, Bedford, London and stuff. They are quite diverse.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
London and birmingham
Original post by Limpopo

that's a nice question
I choose Britain because, it is a base of English language and I know many of my friends there either Arabics and foreigners.
Please don't let racism put you off, most big cities are very diverse and multicultural, and you'll be at universities which have plenty of international students and more understanding Brits. Aim for cities maybe - London and Birmingham have been mentioned, maybe Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle...
Original post by The crawler
that's a nice question
I choose Britain because, it is a base of English language and I know many of my friends there either Arabics and foreigners.

I have a friend who works at a major UK University. Isnt it the case that for a foreign student to study at a UK Uni, it costs almost double what a UK citizen would pay?
There is very little racism to speak of, in the sense that I'd be surprised if you were attacked or insulted for your skin colour or your beliefs.

But there may well be instances where people show a disregard for your cultural or religious sensitivities, and your beliefs may be called into question.
Original post by Limpopo
I have a friend who works at a major UK University. Isnt it the case that for a foreign student to study at a UK Uni, it costs almost double what a UK citizen would pay?

My uni charges something in the region of £25,000 a year for some of the international students.
I grew up in London. I didn't think real racism still existed, and to be frank was getting quite sick of it by the time I moved to university because it seemed a bit made up.

Moved to the North. Noticed lots of Racism. :dontknow:

I'd recommend London, but that's from anecdotal experience. London is just such a mixture that it's currently impossible to really be racist in any institutional or personal sense.
Original post by The crawler
I want to study in one of UK universities but as you know many of people has racism anti muslims. the people cant feel independence.
As we heard in the last days when ( http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/nahid-almanea-colchester-murder-inquiry-police-release-efit-of-man-they-want-to-speak-with-9581584.html ).
The main questions

Are the English men and their families have a strong racism ?

First thing's first, international students applying will have to take the Toefl proficiency test. Judging by what you wrote above, your English is quite poor, and if you don't score highly in the exam, you can't be admitted to a British university.

Now regarding your question: Islam is not a race. Therefore you cannot be asking about racism. Is there an 'anti-islam sentiment' though? I would say yes. The problem is, Muslims in the uk (not all, but a large enough proportion that the country has taken notice), don't integrate very well with the rest of the country. On the news we hear A LOT about Muslims causing terror, going to fight in Syria then coming back radicalised, Muslims preaching terrorism in SCHOOLS, violence by Muslims etc. etc. and so it is honestly no surprise that a lot of people are against the religion.

Personally, where I live in london there isn't much of an anti Muslim sentiment as London is quite multicultural, but in other parts of the country, definitely.
Reply 19
Bradford......literally everywhere you will find racists mate, its just how the world is sadly. Bradford tends to have more accepting people and a high Muslim population.

Quick Reply

Latest