The Student Room Group

Good lads holiday destination that's quieter than Magaluf, Zante, Ibizia etc

My two friends and I have decided to go on a last minute holiday to somewhere in Europe at the end of August. We want to go somewhere slightly quieter than Magaluf, Zane, Ibizia etc, somewhere warm, with a moderate amount of bars and clubs.

We've been to Magaluf before, and we felt that it was too much like England, especially when we were out at the bars and clubs. There wasn't much of a culture shock. And there were too many people lying drunk on the streets.

So any tips for somewhere that's not too busy, but not too quiet either as those are the areas couples tend to go for, would be very helpful :smile:
Reply 1
Kos?
Original post by CJCymru

So any tips for somewhere that's not too busy, but not too quiet either as those are the areas couples tend to go for, would be very helpful :smile:

Sunny Beach in Bulgaria meets your criteria perfectly.
Salous nice. I went there with my friends a few weeks ago. Decent nightlife but not too mad. The only thing is you're likely to end up in a family hotel but as long as you aren't stupidly mental, you'll be fine.
Reply 4
Heard positive things about falaraki (sp?) )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Stoke-on-Trent.
Reply 6
Barcelona. Me and 5 mates just returned from a week in a hostel there and it was incredible. Perfect blend of nightlife and chill time + some good cultural spots.

Like you, we weren't too keen on the traditional lads holiday destinations and Barca fit the bill perfectly.
Reply 7
Why don't you come to Santiago de Compostela? Very good food, nice landscapes and lots of history :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest