The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not implying the OP is a dwarf though...
Mattmoy_2000
Superglue?

B*llocks you drank a litre of vodka. 40 units of alcohol would kill you unless you vomitted, and even then you'd be unable to walk, let alone attempt to move a telly, or even remember doing so.

Erm ok, if you cant drink a litre of vodka over 6 hours then you cant drink. I didnt say in some stupid amount of time did i? no. so dont make assumptions, if you cant drink then that is fine but i no what i can drink and it is a common thing with people in my area to drink that much.
Ooh shots :smile: so much fun!! Often if a shot makes u sick, u just throw up the shot and feel fine again so i wldnt really worry about it ruining your night! But ive never been sick from shots and ive done pretty much the lot, including absinthe!! Alcopops are ok but full of sugar and very low in alcohol, i dont really like them. I prefer spirits with mixers and shots. But just drink slowly and wait for the effects before having another, and try not to mix too many drinks if you're a learner !
Mattmoy_2000
Superglue?

B*llocks you drank a litre of vodka. 40 units of alcohol would kill you unless you vomitted, and even then you'd be unable to walk, let alone attempt to move a telly, or even remember doing so.

Is a litre of vodka one of those big bottles u can buy for about 13 quid? If so, ive drunk one of those in a night before and didnt die. Actually i did pass out for about ten seconds on the dancefloor but i wasnt even sick the next day which was strange (but good!) And once i'd come back around i got back up and continued stumbling around...I was only 15 at the time, I'm a bit more sensible now..haha, just a bit mind!!!
Reply 44
Toy Soldier

P.S. Sambuca, nooo!! The smell of it makes me ill, because I have a friend who drank half a bottle then basically puked it back up all over me :frown:. I was covered in Sampuka :eek:

Ha ha ha!!! "Sampuka" made me laugh!
Well alcopops is watered down hard liquor so drink less of the shots
Reply 46
Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Remember this.
Oh and know your limits. Dont go out guns blazing and drink 10 shots of vodka in 1 hour.
Reply 48
Yeah power hours are generally a bad idea.
dede
Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Remember this.

could have done with that advise last week.
heres another one, wine before beer makes you queer, beer before wine youll be fine.
tis a load of rubish really, shots are evil, dont start throwin them down ya neck 2 impress ur friends, as u will only end up on the floor lookin like a complete idiot, or worse in AnE with a tube bein forced down ya throat. not nice. but have fun anyway, everyone does it once.
QUOTE]

Is a litre of vodka one of those big bottles u can buy for about 13 quid? If so, ive drunk one of those in a night before and didnt die. Actually i did pass out for about ten seconds on the dancefloor but i wasnt even sick the next day which was strange (but good!) And once i'd come back around i got back up and continued stumbling around...I was only 15 at the time, I'm a bit more sensible now..haha, just a bit mind!!!

Yeah it is. The guy who posted before obviously just has never attempted it. Different people have different limits of alcohol they can drink. I mean has the guy never heard of a demon? a pint of different spirits. It has been a tradition at our rugby club to down it on your 18th bday. The night is generally ended once you have drank it though. lol
Reply 51
don't advise him/her to drink alcopops. Drink something that makes you at least realise you're drinking something alcoholic if you're worried about its effects. Drink beer or wine or spirits but not spirits with lots of mixer or alcopops. Drink what you feel comfortable with, but if you've finished one drink and feel fine, wait a bit before you start another one just to make sure :biggrin: Oh, and drink beer before wine rather than the other way round.
Don't listen to your friends if they're pressuring you into drinking. I'm sure they won't mind that much if you just have a couple of drinks (though i have to say they shouldn't mind if you don't drink at all).
P.s. 'Beer' pressure, brilliant :biggrin:
Reply 52
mitchcore
I really cant handle alcohol when i go out clubbing/partyin or what have you. I dont know why but when im in that situation it seems to just effect me more whether it be the enviroment or what but i wake up vomiting and feeling awful.

Only times i really drink now are a quiet drink with friends, or while hanging out with them. The vomiting isnt an issue then because it doesnt happen :smile:

thats due to dehydration. Clubbing and drinking isn't a good idea cos u can get really dehydrated. If you drink a lot of water before going to bed at night.
You should be ok in the morning.
thats due to dehydration. Clubbing and drinking isn't a good idea cos u can get really dehydrated.

If you are dehydrated you feel sicker because one of the substances your liver breaks alcohol into is an irritant, and that is what makes you feel sick. If you drink lots then you are diluting it and won't feel as bad.

I'm lucky because I don't really get sick.
Some people are crazy! I don't usually drink if i'm out partying. Its up to you what you want to do. The only annoying thing about not drinking is that some people when drunk are impossible to deal with and you notice it cos your sober. But I enjoy being able to dance all night and not falling on my face!
beach surf babe
Some people are crazy! I don't usually drink if i'm out partying. Its up to you what you want to do. The only annoying thing about not drinking is that some people when drunk are impossible to deal with and you notice it cos your sober. But I enjoy being able to dance all night and not falling on my face!

yes thats what its all about enjoying having fun falling over.:biggrin:
Reply 56
Ask anyone who has a friend or relative who drinks copious amounts of Stella Artois - it is the most mind-altering beer on the market.

It makes mild-mannered people absolutely vile and aggressive.

It is not colloquially known as 'wife beater' for nothing. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending