The Student Room Group

What sport clubs will you be joining at uni?

Just interested what everyone is looking to join sports-wise...

I'm up for swimming so I can learn :smile: probably cycling too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am signing up for football, maybe cricket or golf. Most of the societies I join will be nerdy though :colondollar:
Mountaineering yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

I'm also really hoping they have a pole dancing club. I'm only 5% joking.
Reply 3
Basketball
American football!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
karate
Reply 6
Horse riding 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Maybe badminton..
Reply 8
If I join any sports it will be swimming

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
probably rugby or american football
Martial arts probs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinking about basketball because I played for the team in high school. I'm just worried that there will be people there that take it really seriously when I just want to have a bit of fun.
I did Water Polo - that was awesome!
I did martial arts, a lot of fun I must say :awesome:
Reply 14
I really want to get back into football, even though I'm horrifically bad at it, and I really want to join the Skiing/Snowboarding society
i wholeheartedly recommend everyone try at least 3 sports they have never tried before, the more obscure the sport, the better.

Every boring ****er joins the football club, gets dumped into the 7th team where no-one knows their name or gives a **** about coaching them. You're just sheep to be fleeced for cash.

Join a decent sports club instead. Something with only one team where the exec committee will actually take the effort to integrate you into the squad and give you top notch coaching.
Original post by thetrickyfox
Mountaineering yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

I'm also really hoping they have a pole dancing club. I'm only 5% joking.

Our uni had a pole dancing society, some of them earned quite good money down the strip club once they got good at it.
Reply 17
Original post by cole-slaw
i wholeheartedly recommend everyone try at least 3 sports they have never tried before, the more obscure the sport, the better.

Every boring ****er joins the football club, gets dumped into the 7th team where no-one knows their name or gives a **** about coaching them. You're just sheep to be fleeced for cash.

Join a decent sports club instead. Something with only one team where the exec committee will actually take the effort to integrate you into the squad and give you top notch coaching.

I was thinking of joining swimming club(need to learn) and cycling(again to learn) and athletics.

I have glasses and don't want contacts so I'm restricted in the sports I can do:smile:
Think I'll get back into rugby, maybe athletics who knows

Original post by OnionRing
I have glasses and don't want contacts so I'm restricted in the sports I can do:smile:

I've worn glasses playing most sports apart from like rugby, I don't see the problem? I even wear my glasses playing things like dodgeball and it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Think I'll get back into rugby, maybe athletics who knows

I've worn glasses playing most sports apart from like rugby, I don't see the problem? I even wear my glasses playing things like dodgeball and it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok I'm not usually big on sports so I didn't know glasses were ok!

Quick Reply

Latest