The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Mediocre GCSE experiences.

Hi Guys, new to TSR!

So I'm applying for UCL (as well as KCL, Warwick, QMUL and either Sussex or Keele) for the 2015 application cycle. For A-levels (or at least my equivalent in the US - Advanced Placement) I've been predicted what I've told would be about an AAA*-AA*A* here (AP - 5, 5, 5, 5, 4). As well as this, I've been told by various teachers who used to teach me when I was in England that my Personal Statement is excellent, even a retired Admissions tutor had many compliments.

What I'm concerned about is my IGCSEs/GCSEs. It wasn't a great period and so I ended up with 10 B's and 2 C's. I fear these might hold me back in my application for unis, especially UCL.

Anyone have any positive experiences with mediocre/bad GCSE results? Any comments would be appreciated :smile:
I had 6As 3Bs 2Cs when I applied and was accepted
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
I had 6As 3Bs 2Cs when I applied and was accepted

what course was that for? And if you don't mind me asking, how were your a-levels?
Original post by hay_gra
what course was that for? And if you don't mind me asking, how were your a-levels?

Psychology

AAAA at AS and A*A*A*A* overall
Reply 4
I got an even spread of As and Bs at GCSE and got in. I applied after I got my A-level results (A*AAA) though; I don't think they care much about GCSEs at that point.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Psychology

AAAA at AS and A*A*A*A* overall

Why not Cambridge? Why UCL?
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Why not Cambridge? Why UCL?

I applied for Oxford but rejected post interview. Probably because of GCSEs.
I got very mediocre GCSEs (1A*, 5As, 5Bs,1C) and got an offer from UCL for economics (one of the most competitive courses).
Just apply if you're unsure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending