The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

So, I've been chatting to this guy for a while now. We both live in the same city but go to different universities, currently though, we're both back in our hometowns for the summer.

We've been texting a lot since we're not in the same city at the moment, although we didn't see each other in person that often when we were. Over text, he compliments me, both on my personality and my looks, makes jokes, ask questions etc. But, I know it's going to seem as if I'm looking too deeply into things, he takes ages to reply, even when he says he's having a day when he's not doing much and always the first one to end the conversation by going to bed. I know I sound reeeeeally dumb and I'm even questioning myself now as to why I'm writing out this thread, but I do fall for people really quickly and read into things too much. He is slightly older than me too, so perhaps more mature and won't see things in the same way I do whereas I'm overreacting and a bit stupid.

How should I make myself not think like this?
Original post by Anonymous
So, I've been chatting to this guy for a while now. We both live in the same city but go to different universities, currently though, we're both back in our hometowns for the summer.

We've been texting a lot since we're not in the same city at the moment, although we didn't see each other in person that often when we were. Over text, he compliments me, both on my personality and my looks, makes jokes, ask questions etc. But, I know it's going to seem as if I'm looking too deeply into things, he takes ages to reply, even when he says he's having a day when he's not doing much and always the first one to end the conversation by going to bed. I know I sound reeeeeally dumb and I'm even questioning myself now as to why I'm writing out this thread, but I do fall for people really quickly and read into things too much. He is slightly older than me too, so perhaps more mature and won't see things in the same way I do whereas I'm overreacting and a bit stupid.

How should I make myself not think like this?

Keep your options open and talk to other males such as me :biggrin: He's obviously not interested in you as much as you think he is if he does those sort of things
Reply 2
Did he ask you fir a date? Have you met? Or is this relationship confined to texting?
Reply 3
Original post by GabrielWest
Keep your options open and talk to other males such as me :biggrin: He's obviously not interested in you as much as you think he is if he does those sort of things

Hmmm yeah that's what I think. You're right plenty more fish in the sea
Reply 4
Original post by arminb
Did he ask you fir a date? Have you met? Or is this relationship confined to texting?

We met when w were both back at uni, only a couple of times though and it wasn't with the thought that we were romantically interested in each other. There were other people there too. But since we've both been back home, he's hovered over the subject of meeting up but never said it in black and white.
Reply 5
Original post by arminb

Forgot to add, we live about an hour away from each other when we are back at home
Reply 6
:bump:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending