The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Freshers Week 2014

Does anyone know anything about it? Like when wristbands come out, what is going to happen, when it is etc?
Reply 1
Original post by alixrebecca
Does anyone know anything about it? Like when wristbands come out, what is going to happen, when it is etc?

I'm gonna assume from the 21st till the 28th!

That's when halls open and the term starts (22nd)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Booyah

Ooooh cool! I'm from NI so need to think about booking my boat over and all :smile: Are you going to Newcastle this year?
Reply 3
Ooooh cool! I'm from NI so need to think about booking my boat over and all :smile: Are you going to Newcastle this year?

Yeah, it was my only choice (and a bloody good one to! bring on my free bar on a friday!)
Reply 4
Original post by Booyah
Yeah, it was my only choice (and a bloody good one to! bring on my free bar on a friday!)

what you doing to study? and free bar?? where is this and can I come??
Reply 5
what you doing to study? and free bar?? where is this and can I come??

Going to study Medicine and the MedSoc supply the bar and it is only for medics!
Reply 6
I've heard this years theme is a trip around the world, which would be class!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Booyah

That sounds right to me, you're always the week after Northumbria (Rather be a Poly than a ****) and I'm pretty sure we'll be doing 11th-19th and proving once again that we have more fun than you.

Enjoy OP, Freshers as a Fresher is a one time gig, it's good in future years but nothing can beat halls for that party vibe and the fact that you know nobody and nothing about Newcastle!
Reply 8
Original post by Wattsy
That sounds right to me, you're always the week after Northumbria (Rather be a Poly than a ****) and I'm pretty sure we'll be doing 11th-19th and proving once again that we have more fun than you.

Enjoy OP, Freshers as a Fresher is a one time gig, it's good in future years but nothing can beat halls for that party vibe and the fact that you know nobody and nothing about Newcastle!

Nothing about Newcastle? I know it is the birthplace of the best brown ale haha!
Reply 9
Original post by Booyah
Nothing about Newcastle? I know it is the birthplace of the best brown ale haha!

Horrible Stuff! I meant more about getting around and stuff, for me, getting lost created a great many adventures but I could get lost in an empty room, my sense of direction is appalling.
Reply 10
Original post by Wattsy
Horrible Stuff! I meant more about getting around and stuff, for me, getting lost created a great many adventures but I could get lost in an empty room, my sense of direction is appalling.

Ohhhhh don't you say that about dog! haha and I'm sure the adventures will be filled with awe and tragedy
Reply 11
Original post by Booyah
Ohhhhh don't you say that about dog! haha and I'm sure the adventures will be filled with awe and tragedy

*Were, I'm going into 3rd year now I'm all old, boring and career minded compared to you fresher upstarts!
S CLUB performing on the 2nd october in tiger tiger js :P
Nothing been announced yet for the official Freshers' Week, last few years it's been announced the day of A Level results so sure it'll be the same this year, but their fb page is at https://www.facebook.com/NUSUfreshers
Original post by Wattsy

That may be, but you have a **** future ahead of you :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Darkwarrior23
That may be, but you have a **** future ahead of you :smile:

Hilarious, I do Law actually though and Northumbria law department is really good. Not where Newcastle is league table wise but gaining respect every year, Law, Business and Sports courses are certainly the highlights. The rest of the courses are quite middle of the road I must admit.
Original post by Wattsy
Hilarious, I do Law actually though and Northumbria law department is really good. Not where Newcastle is league table wise but gaining respect every year, Law, Business and Sports courses are certainly the highlights. The rest of the courses are quite middle of the road I must admit.

Fair enough... I thought you was one of the sport science meatheads

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending