The Student Room Group

personal statement evidence?

im applying for graphic design at uni and i have done some t-shirt designs for a charity and i also plan soon to work at a charity shop. am i expected to provide evidence of this with a reference at a uni interview or somewhere else or is not needed?
Reply 1
Original post by mustangmix
im applying for graphic design at uni and i have done some t-shirt designs for a charity and i also plan soon to work at a charity shop. am i expected to provide evidence of this with a reference at a uni interview or somewhere else or is not needed?

No you won't need to provide evidence.

If you get asked for an interview though it wouldn't hurt to compile a portfolio of past work you've done including what you've stated above, but that wouldn't be mandatory either.
Reply 2
Original post by OllieDS
No you won't need to provide evidence.

If you get asked for an interview though it wouldn't hurt to compile a portfolio of past work you've done including what you've stated above, but that wouldn't be mandatory either.

Why? Do loads of people just lie on it then?

Generally, they do not ask any actual evidence. You can always request a cover letter etc just for peace of mind. Check/call though if you do need to bring additional papers into interviews.

Anyone can lie. But what's the point in that! Interviewers are not stupid, they'll able to tell if you're being genuine or not by grilling you about your role(s).
Reply 4

I thought for graphics, you pretty much are required to have a portfolio? (Think applicant days / interviews are very very common)

Other than that, majority of courses (which dont interview) you can pretty much lie about your PS and they will never know indeed.
Reply 5
Original post by Jkizer
I thought for graphics, you pretty much are required to have a portfolio? (Think applicant days / interviews are very very common)

Other than that, majority of courses (which dont interview) you can pretty much lie about your PS and they will never know indeed.

they ask for a portfolio but all my AS work is enough for that

Quick Reply