The Student Room Group

Best earphones for under a tenner

I'm broke so any good earphones under a tenner that's nice and decent, whats the best, i wanna buy instore to

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any good one from argos or currys? for under £10
Get the JVC in ear ones from Amazon. They're amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phillips SHE-3590 for sound quality. As with most earphones this cheap though, they'll break after 3-6 months (depending how heavily you use them). This lifespan could be extended if you're careful with them.
Don't HMV still do those really cheap ones for like £6.99?
Reply 7
yeah i wanna buy instore though, not from amazon
Original post by Zeroic
yeah i wanna buy instore though, not from amazon

Why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
want to get it on the same today
Reply 10
The iLove ones are amazing, they had the straight wires too
I've got some Skullcandy ones from hmv that were about £10, they've lasted about 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by kpofsuburbia
I've got some Skullcandy ones from hmv that were about £10, they've lasted about 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

good sound quality to? nice and loud?
Original post by Zeroic
good sound quality to? nice and loud?

Yep, they're perfectly fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends what sort of sound you like. Personally I'd choose the Philips SHE-3590s (available at currys for 7.50). Their strengths are clarity and balance - your music will sound pretty close to how it was intended to. Their noise isolation and comfort are also excellent.

Some people prefer stronger bass, especially if they listen to a lot of electronic music. If that's your preference and you don't care about noise isolation the Sennheiser mx 365s might be a better choice.
Reply 16
Cheers man which one out of them two would you say were louder to? and which one would u pick?
I've got some JVC earphones that aren't too bad, they cost about £7 from Curry's :smile:
Original post by Zeroic
Cheers man which one out of them two would you say were louder to? and which one would u pick?

I'd choose the Philips because I like the sound isolation the tips provide (note: this means you can't wear them cycling or any other time when you'd need to be able to hear what's going on around you). However the Sennheisers are also excellent for the price, and will feel 'louder' since they've got more low-end (deeper sound). You can't go wrong with either - both will be a vast improvement over the stock earbuds that come with mp3 players.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by member841230
I'd choose the Philips because I like the sound isolation the tips provide (note: this means you can't wear them cycling or any other time when you'd need to be able to hear what's going on around you). However the Sennheisers are also excellent for the price, and will feel 'louder' since they've got more low-end (deeper sound). You can't go wrong with either - both will be a vast improvement over the stock earbuds that come with mp3 players.

bought them todays thanks

Quick Reply

Latest