The Student Room Group

Girls of TSR, would you believe this?

My girlfriend was at my house today and she saw a hairband on my windowsill. She instantly assumed it was another girls, but it was genuinely my dad's (he has a ponytail).

Would you believe it was his? Or would you still think there was cheating going on?

Scroll to see replies

That seems incredibly petty to me. Such a minor thing to jump to such a huge conclusion.
If she doesn't believe you she may have major trust issues that should be addressed before it gets worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao id believe you
I'd use that as an excuse to persuade you to grow a ponytail :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd believe you. For her to jump to that conclusion straight away could suggest she doesn't trust you... Maybe talk to her about it?
I'd believe you..I'd just casually ask you who's it was providing you'd given me no previous reasons to distrust you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd believe you but to be honest I doubt that the hair band is a sign of cheating would not even have registered in my mind
I'd believe you haha.
She's the type of girl I'd expect to see on the news having just stabbed her boyfriend to death over an argument about his dads hairband. I'd ditch the bitch now if I were you.
She sounds a bit paranoid. Hell my boyfriend has a whole collection of random girls items, which he keeps assuming are mine. They're just his housemate's/friends who have come to stay's stuff. You have to have a certain level of trust in a relationship and it doesn't sound like she does.
Id believe you lol
If I had seen your dad and knew he had long enough hair to wear it in a ponytail then yes I would believe you

Posted from TSR Mobile
your gf is a dope.
Maybe I'd judge on how girly or plain the hairband was.
(edited 9 years ago)
This is genuinely one of the funniest posts I've seen on this forum! :')
Yeah, not a big deal, she sounds very paranoid.
Reply 16
That would be such a bad excuse that you couldn't possibly have made it up :tongue:
A hair band is such a small thing that it wouldn't have made me think there was any cheating going on in the first place. I might be curious enough to ask whose it was if you didn't live with a girl but unless there were other, much bigger things, making me worry I'd happily accept your explanation of whoever it belonged to. I wouldn't care if it was your Dad's, your sisters, a friend (of either gender) or even your dog for to be honest. It's a bobble. It wouldn't bother me.
Leave her.
I would believe you. I don't see how a hairband is a sign of cheating. It would be petty if she thought you was cheating just because she found that. Besides, hasn't she seen what your dad looks like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest