The Student Room Group

Do racist people eat foriegn food

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Limpopo
I have been accused of being racist but usually by the same sort of people who blurt out words like homophobe etc blah blah blah i.e people who dont really know the meaning of these words and are just shooting their mouths off and demonstrating their ignorance.

I dont really see food as foreign except in the sense that it may be foreign to my usual diet but i am more than willing to try different recipes which are common in other countries and cultures. I dont eat from squalid takeways or curry restaurants because to do so would be an affront to my body as i only have this one and would not defile it by eating rubbish.

LOLOLOLOL how can you not see food as being foreign? Are you that stupid?!?!
I would imagine so, a lot of fruit/veg is foreign grown such as banana, etc

Original post by Armin.
I wouldn't imagine so, no.

Attack on Titan :wink:
Original post by Zen Baphomet
I actually went away and re-thought this statement then did some research and had a brief chat with a Chinese and an Indian friend and I retract it.

Apparently it's just a "I'm used to it" thing, in India and China and other places they adore British/Western food they think it's fantastic and a lot nicer than what they usually eat. Anything different than the fare you were raised on is generally seen as nicer just because it's different.

lol so untrue. You end up liking what you were fed as a child.

Indian and african food is foreign to me and I just hate them both tbh. Spices just ruin food and overpower any flavour that was originally present.

But I was brought up with italian/chinese/spanish/filipino/english food since thats where my family are from and what they cook and thats pretty much what I like to eat now.
Original post by Batchosama
No we don't British food is disgusting ,even in the UK British people always go to Kebabs/curry shops and Chinese restaurants because your food doesn't taste nice.

Generalisation o'clock again, it seems. Personally I cannot stand the likes of curry/chinese and would much prefer fish and chips or a nice pie/stew. I am far from the only one.
British cuisine is excellent.

Wines
Real ales
Champagnes
Cheeses
Pastries
Cakes
Desserts

etc
Assuming we are talking about white racist, then this question makes little sense. A white racist hates people of different skin colour to him. So, he won't have an issue eating food from Italy, USA, Spain etc. lol. Even then I'm sure racist do eat food that come from cultures where the majority are not white, the same way someone who strongly dislikes the USA, will probably still eat KFC, subway or McDonald.
Original post by ldsbabe
LOLOLOLOL how can you not see food as being foreign? Are you that stupid?!?!

It is not food that is foreign, it is the recipes that are foreign. An apple or a potato or a grain of rice is the same the world over. Its what you do with it that is different.

Of course it depends on how you are defining foreign.
Generally don't consume foods prepared by muslims as the meat is slaughtered using a ritual I don't agree with. You could say that's racist I suppose? Other reasons I generally don't like muslim type cuisines are none other than it is too salty, oily or has too much spices to it which in my mind is only done to mask the fact that the meat or vegetables used are of poor quality.

Don't like french food as I think it is mostly overrated like everything else from France. I guess you could say I'm consistent with my racism :biggrin:

British food? Classic British food is awesome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest