The Student Room Group

Do racist people eat foriegn food

such as Indian/chinese?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't imagine so, no.
Of course they do. Some of the most racist bastards I have met love a curry or a kebab.
Reply 3
Yes they do. Racists gotta eat too. I know skinheads who go to reggae concerts like it's nothing.
No, they stick to good British food instead. Like curry and Chinese.
Reply 5
Original post by ApeMob
Yes they do. Racists gotta eat too. I know skinheads who go to reggae concerts like it's nothing.

nice bit of BS in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Ana81
nice bit of BS in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that BS? I do know white supremacists who still for some reason wear Bob Marley Wailers shirts and look at the coincidence of your avie. So you know Marley has lots of white fans dude. I was the only person of color in my high school for two years after I moved there and they were so ****ing racist but still went to rap concerts and bragged about going to Michael Franti and Wailer's concerts. I was so confused as they are racist but whatever.
Reply 7
Yeah
I see this thread has taken the usual TSR trajectory.
Yes they do.
Racists don't eat cos they're not human. :bunny:
Reply 11
Foreign foods far surpass British ones.
I have been accused of being racist but usually by the same sort of people who blurt out words like homophobe etc blah blah blah i.e people who dont really know the meaning of these words and are just shooting their mouths off and demonstrating their ignorance.

I dont really see food as foreign except in the sense that it may be foreign to my usual diet but i am more than willing to try different recipes which are common in other countries and cultures. I dont eat from squalid takeways or curry restaurants because to do so would be an affront to my body as i only have this one and would not defile it by eating rubbish.
Original post by Mackay
Foreign foods far surpass British ones.

It's true, we live in a climate that simply was not conducive to growing the kinds of vegetables and herbs that characterise Asian/African cuisine and as a result historically our fare was by and large(with exception of course) bland in comparrison to other cultures simply due to the fact that none of the "exicting" food stuffs could be grown here.

That said with the modern trade economy this just isn't an issue any more and cuisine is fast becoming unversal, with British/western chefs and foodies putting spins on everything and anything.
Reply 14
Yes, I eat British food. I had Sunday roast yesterday at work. I was planning to puke after but it was just too tasty.
Reply 15
Original post by Zen Baphomet
It's true, we live in a climate that simply was not conducive to growing the kinds of vegetables and herbs that characterise Asian/African cuisine and as a result historically our fare was by and large(with exception of course) bland in comparrison to other cultures simply due to the fact that none of the "exicting" food stuffs could be grown here.

That said with the modern trade economy this just isn't an issue any more and cuisine is fast becoming unversal, with British/western chefs and foodies putting spins on everything and anything.

Totally agree. Some British food is remarkable and brilliant, but I mainly associate British food with winter and homely feelings.

My favourite cuisine is easily Asian personally. It's not too filling and it encompasses a broad range of foodstuffs.
Original post by Mackay
Totally agree. Some British food is remarkable and brilliant, but I mainly associate British food with winter and homely feelings.

My favourite cuisine is easily Asian personally. It's not too filling and it encompasses a broad range of foodstuffs.

I actually went away and re-thought this statement then did some research and had a brief chat with a Chinese and an Indian friend and I retract it.

Apparently it's just a "I'm used to it" thing, in India and China and other places they adore British/Western food they think it's fantastic and a lot nicer than what they usually eat. Anything different than the fare you were raised on is generally seen as nicer just because it's different.
Reply 17
Original post by Zen Baphomet
I actually went away and re-thought this statement then did some research and had a brief chat with a Chinese and an Indian friend and I retract it.

Apparently it's just a "I'm used to it" thing, in India and China and other places they adore British/Western food they think it's fantastic and a lot nicer than what they usually eat. Anything different than the fare you were raised on is generally seen as nicer just because it's different.

Lol I've been to India (many times) and I don't think I've seen any indians desiring to eat British food. They actually think it's bland and tasteless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol I've been to India (many times) and I don't think I've seen any indians desiring to eat British food. They actually think it's bland and tasteless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As an Indian I can confirm this I prefer Indian and French food, British food taste like **** (no offence).
I've actually always wondered if foreign people eat racist food?

Quick Reply

Latest