The Student Room Group

Is it possible to find out my percentages in each subject?

Hi guys, I finished my GCSEs in the November 2013 session. My certification only gives letter grades, but I'd love to find out how well I actually did in each subject. I was wondering if that's possible by contacting CIE or anything?

thanks!
When I got my GCSE certificate I also got my ums, I'm not sure how to do this but if you convert your ums to raw marks you should be able to calculate your percentage if you know what it's out of

but if you can't do that then I'd say CIE would probably be able to help you out :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MidnightDream
When I got my GCSE certificate I also got my ums, I'm not sure how to do this but if you convert your ums to raw marks you should be able to calculate your percentage if you know what it's out of

but if you can't do that then I'd say CIE would probably be able to help you out :smile:

I dont ont have any numerical values anywhere, just the final letter grade for each subject. I guess I'll send an email to CIE about it then, thanks :smile:
Original post by Pasta6163
I dont ont have any numerical values anywhere, just the final letter grade for each subject. I guess I'll send an email to CIE about it then, thanks :smile:

Oh okay - you're welcome dear :yep:
Reply 4
Hi guys, I finished my GCSEs in the November 2013 session. My certification only gives letter grades, but I'd love to find out how well I actually did in each subject. I was wondering if that's possible by contacting CIE or anything?

Certificates (for all boards) only ever have the overall grade on. Your school will have had access to the marks you scored even if they didn't share them with you. Your best chance is probably to ask them.

thanks!

Go to grade boundaries page, find your UMS conversion, then just do some math
Reply 6
Original post by Angelo12231
Go to grade boundaries page, find your UMS conversion, then just do some math

It's CIE. They don't use UMS in the same way as domestic exam boards and, depending on how the school processes the results, you may not get anything but an overall grade.
Original post by Compost
It's CIE. They don't use UMS in the same way as domestic exam boards and, depending on how the school processes the results, you may not get anything but an overall grade.

oh my bad! well if you got an A then you know you would have gotten 80-89% :biggrin: unless you want to contact the exam board

Quick Reply

Latest