The Student Room Group

Which hurts more?

Which is more painful - giving birth or being kicked in the balls?

Come on TSR, let's solve this debate once and for all.

Scroll to see replies

How would anyone know?
Here's one answer I heard

'You often hear women say that they'd love to have another child, but you never hear a man say 'wow, I'd love to be kicked in the balls again''

flawed logic, I know.
Original post by Bude8

'You often hear women say that they'd love to have another child, but you never hear a man say 'wow, I'd love to be kicked in the balls again''

flawed logic, I know.

Yeah, but that's because a positive thing (i.e A child) comes out of having a baby, whereas being kicked in the balls is pretty much just the pain...
Original post by trasitszy
Yeah, but that's because a positive thing (i.e A child) comes out of having a baby, whereas being kicked in the balls is pretty much just the pain...

And also our treacherous bodies fool us into forgetting the pain and just remembering the "magical" time that is pregnancy and having a new baby.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
How would anyone know?

Electrodes in the brain wired up to impartial pain-o-meters is going to be the way forward. Not sure how the male subjects will be recruited for the experiment though.
I have no idea how painful either is, but labour lasts a lot longer!
Depends on the force used in the kick. But it's hard to say , since none can experience being kicked in the balls and also know how it feels to give birth.
Reply 8
I'll give it six hours before this thread is in the middle of a feminist discussion.
Reply 9
They are different types of pain.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Electrodes in the brain wired up to impartial pain-o-meters is going to be the way forward. Not sure how the male subjects will be recruited for the experiment though.

:mute::no:
Original post by Bude8

flawed logic, I know.

Actually.......not sure I can say much here, but it's a real thing...in some communities.

It depends on the individual's pain threshhold, but most women need strong painkillers for hours of labour. Men just roll around a bit.
But then my mum had me with only paracetemol because nobody realised she was so dilated given how little "pain" she was in - she said it wasn't a big deal at all for any of the three of us.
Giving birth is the most painful thing I've ever done... but I have no balls, so I couldn't possibly compare.
Reply 13
Kidney stones, like being kicked in the balls repeatedly and a whole lot more.
(edited 9 years ago)
In terms of intensity, who knows?

But I think childbirth has to win purely in terms of duration.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:mute::no:

They've done this experiment before, I'll try to find the article :tongue:

Edit: I mean childbirth/labour simulator done by men
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Only a person who has both been kicked in the balls and given birth in his/her lifetime can answer this old age mystery. Perhaps ask a female to male transsexual who transitioned after having already given birth.
They did the study, and being kicked in the balls is much more painful lmao

It literally winds you and aches

So girls, if a guy gets on your nerves, aim for the nuts
Option 3 - stubbing your toe on the coffee table :colonhash:

I would pick giving birth out of those 2 options, like someone above said it lasts a lot longer and the fact that the body releases hormones to make a woman forget the pain of labour tells me it's more painful because I doubt many women are eager to go through that pain again!

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Depends on the force used in the kick. But it's hard to say , since none can experience being kicked in the balls and also know how it feels to give birth.

This person might be able to.
Also I guess giving birth, the sensation could be experienced by a guy...

Like anal with a v big dick

Quick Reply

Latest