The Student Room Group

To those that need eye-sight corrections, do you wear glasses or contacts?

Poll

Contact or glasses?

What do you wear, glasses or contact lenses?

And why do you prefer one over the other?

For me I think its crazy that you put an object directly on your retina. So I prefer glasses.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have both but mainly wear contacts.
Reply 2
I wear glasses 24/7 now. I used to only use them for reading but in the last 2 years, I've needed stronger lenses and have to wear them all the time since then. I've not tried contacts yet but I'm eager to give them a go because it would be nice to have the choice rather than being forced to just wear glasses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Glasses.
I usually go with my contacts
Contacts so I can see to do my eyeliner
Reply 6
Glasses my vision ain't that bad (I use to much the pc) , have a laser operation it's better!
Reply 7
Glasses for me
Glasses, less hassle for me.
Contacts because I found out I needed glasses when I was an insecure 15 year old so chose contact lenses as I don't really suit glasses. I now have a nice pair of glasses which I wear in the morning and evening but I much prefer contact lenses as it's easier to do your makeup, hair, etc. Plus I find them soo refreshing to put on in the morning it's like cool eyedrops for your eyes :smile: and my glasses hurt my nose, ears and eyes after a while.

I also heard contact lenses slow done deterioration in sight and my experience seems to agree with that, my eyesight was static for 3 years until I got glasses and was told to wear them for a few hours each day and then they went down by -0.50 within a year.
Reply 10
Contacts usually. Glasses to give my eyes a rest.

Much prefer contacts cos glasses annoy me - they get in the way of sport, they're always slipping down, you can't lie down on your side watching something without the glasses hurting the side of your head, they hurt my ears after a while as well.

Contacts you put in once a month & just leave them, they're great. Only downside is if you get something stuck in your eye, the pain is about 10 times worse with contacts.
My glasses broke a few months ago and i've been too lazy to get new ones. I'm going to be getting contact lenses soon though as i'm so short sighted
Original post by Steezy
Contacts usually. Glasses to give my eyes a rest.

Much prefer contacts cos glasses annoy me - they get in the way of sport, they're always slipping down, you can't lie down on your side watching something without the glasses hurting the side of your head, they hurt my ears after a while as well.

Contacts you put in once a month & just leave them, they're great. Only downside is if you get something stuck in your eye, the pain is about 10 times worse with contacts.

Once a month? I hope that was a mistake and you meant once a day? lol
Glasses.

Tried contacts when younger and couldn't do the whole poking myself in the eye thing.
Reply 14
Original post by LeaX
Once a month? I hope that was a mistake and you meant once a day? lol

No mistake. You can get monthly contacts which you sleep in
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Contacts so I can see to do my eyeliner

THIS! OMG so this!

I forgot to order more contact lenses recently, so I had a period of about 4 days when I was stuck with glasses, and I struggled sooooo much to do my makeup.
Glasses
Glasses
Glasses. I can't be the only one who hates the idea of putting contacts into my eyes?
Original post by Steezy
No mistake. You can get monthly contacts which you sleep in

Ohh wow, I never knew. I'm going to look them up

Quick Reply

Latest