The Student Room Group

Funding information appreciated

Hi everyone!

I wanted to do a degree in Business and Marketing, I found I needed to do the access course first. I applied to do this and got accepted on a 24+ loan (I am 34!) to pay the fees, this is great news but now I do not seem to be eligible for any form of maintenance loan with SLC.

I don't know why as it seems silly that you can get help on the degree but I cannot get on without the access course!

I cannot seem to get a clear answer as to if I can get any benefits, loans or grants of any kind while doing this course.

Can anyone else help / suggest / point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Kerri
Moved to Student Financial Support

Is the access course full time or part time? There's no maintenance help for access courses.
Reply 2
You might be able to get some help from your college as they will have funds to support students and if you take out the 24plus loan there is a 24pus bursary fund which the college can allocate to people. I didn't get any other help but did manage to work 2 days a week around my course. Good luck with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kerricollier32
Hi everyone!

I wanted to do a degree in Business and Marketing, I found I needed to do the access course first. I applied to do this and got accepted on a 24+ loan (I am 34!) to pay the fees, this is great news but now I do not seem to be eligible for any form of maintenance loan with SLC.

I don't know why as it seems silly that you can get help on the degree but I cannot get on without the access course!

I cannot seem to get a clear answer as to if I can get any benefits, loans or grants of any kind while doing this course.

Can anyone else help / suggest / point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Kerri

https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/loan-bursary-fund

In short you need to contact the college you will be studying at and see what they will be offering you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending