The Student Room Group

Recorder in lectures? Useful? :D

Hi there :smile:

Do you think a recorder would have been/is useful for lectures? Or is note taking sufficient?

Thank you!!

xo
Original post by Alexandra*

Do you think a recorder would have been/is useful for lectures? Or is note taking sufficient?

Thank you!!

xo

Definitely useful! It depends on you as an individual, but recording lectures is really helpful when it comes to revising. :smile:

Thank you!!

xo

Your lectures aren't recorded at uni anyway?

Ours are all recorded and put online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!

xo

Learning how to take a good, clear set of notes is a really handy skill--when I was doing undergrad, I felt like I got more out of processing ideas and writing them out than I did my first couple of weeks when I tried to work from recordings. Also, it's way faster to go through written notes than it is to re-listen to lectures, I think.

That said, do whatever works for you! As long as you're taking notes as well, recording probably can't do any harm.

Thank you!!

xo

Maybe. I personally would never sit listening to an mp3 of a lecture for 50 mins--far more efficient when revising to just read notes. Good for catching all the details though. Make sure to ask your lecturer's permission first though. It's the polite thing to do.
It's stupid.

you sit there like a donut while you let a machine record a copy of what you could've written or typed down.
Reply 6
I don't see why you couldn't do both?
Note take and record.
Reply 7
My university records all lectures and uploads it online for student access. I thought all universities did this?

You must go to a poor university OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending