The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

International tourism management freshers

Anyone going to/ hoping to be doing international tourism management? don't really want to not know anyone before I go aha:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yes I will be studying international tourism management, I thought I was the only one haha. Are you staying in halls ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jordanking
Yes I will be studying international tourism management, I thought I was the only one haha. Are you staying in halls ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha! I was starting to think I was the only one too!! yeah the plas one (that I can't spell) Have you got your official offer yet?
I know, I don't think many people have applied for it haha, and yes same plas gwyn halls can't wait. And not yet should get mine the 14th August you ?
Reply 4
I know, I don't think many people have applied for it haha, and yes same plas gwyn halls can't wait. And not yet should get mine the 14th August you ?

Woo! I went to one of the open days, there was like me, 6 girls and another guy aha. Yeah I don't get mine till 14th either, I should be getting in though, because I done a BTEC at college and college said I got 4 grades over what I need to get into Cardiff! I can wait to start though, but still a bit scared aha
Yea same I went to one in June I think and it was mostly all girls haha. And same I done a BTEC college to and go what I need to get i, just can't wait now. What date can we move in to the halls ?
Reply 6
Yea same I went to one in June I think and it was mostly all girls haha. And same I done a BTEC college to and go what I need to get i, just can't wait now. What date can we move in to the halls ?

I went to one in April I think. no idea about when we move in to halls, I was looking at fresher events and the first one is on the 21st of Sep, so it'll be before then I would think
I was ment to go in April but had to much work going on, and I just looked and we can move in as early as the 17th September and then freshers is the 21st.not long now haha, still nervous about it though 😃
Reply 8
Ill probably move in then tbh! but it'll be a right laugh, and I'm nervous about it to, hopefully our group will be quite small aha
And same get to know the place first Haha and well I am hoping it won't be too big of a group but fingers crossed it will be worth it 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get so shy, so I'm dreading it, but after a couple of weeks ill be all good! least I sort of know you now so I'm not totally on my own aha! Can't wait to live in halls though, should be great fun!!
Don't worry its takes me a while to get to know people, I know I can't wait to move into halls it is going to be awesome 😃 not long now just a couple of weeks. Have you sorted out your freshers bands and stuff yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So glad I'm not the only shy one, and its like 50 days :biggrin:! Haven't looked at the fresher bands yet tbh, but some of the events look so good, like the first one aha! have you?
I know haha I should be okay within in a couple of days of being thier 😃 and it looks so amazing I honestly can't wait haha and no I was just going to buy tickets the night before, as people have said they are a rip off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha! that's a good idea, I cant wait for the MTV one, looks super cool.. its so strange how like in a couple of weeks we'll be all moved in and we'll be in the same lectures and stuff aha
Have you seen the Facebook page for it? because it has different events than the ones on the Student Union.. so I'm not sure which one is right aha, any ideas?
Yes I seen the facbook book page and I am still trying to decide haha, you got a couple of weeks yet so thier is no rush 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha, things like that make me excited, like its going to come along so fast :O
Hey! Just a quick question, are you buying fresher's tickets before you move, or are you waiting till the actual fresher's week?:smile:
I am buying the icebreaker tickets and then just going to buy the tickets on the door for other fresher events you ?

Quick Reply

Latest