The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
if it had said white only it would have been national news with the muslims protesting but because our government appease muslims they get away with it
Reply 81
Nothing wrong with it.
Reply 82
Original post by DiddyDec
It is a sad state of affairs when such laws can be breached by some parties with no punishment or even acknowledgement. What is worse is that these people know that they are breaking the law but they simply don't **** and don't respect our nations laws. Which are in place to protect people such as themselves from discrimination.

Haha deal with it.
Original post by QE2
It is not.
By saying "No Muslims", you are only discriminating against 5% of the population.
By saying "Muslims Only", you are therefore discriminating against 95% of the population.
This is actually 19 times worse!

So if I say no smokers im discriminating against 10% of the population who cares

Nothing wrong with discrimination depends on your motives. Ive been turned down accomodation because they didnt want to live with someone who cooked meat it didnt bother me

Original post by miscounted_time
Its not worse!
You cant argue a Muslim would prefer not to live with a non-Muslim due to cultural differences.

Then disagree when a non-Muslim chooses not to live a Muslim due to cultural differences.

These are the total double standards I refered to in my previous post.

And I explained why your total double standards argument doesnt make sense.

Being non muslim is neutral you can live with anyone, being muslim means you have specific requirements you need in a room mate

Like how atheists can eat halal or kosher but muslims can only eat halal
Funny how the thread is surrounding defending these racist ads. We all know that a White Only ad would have verybody here speaking about how racist the country is yet here it's just a 'misunderstanding' because that's the PC answer.
I've also seen ads on there for Muslim babysitters, Houses rented for Blacks only, Ad's for an Asian I.T assistant and an Asian Estate Agent advert.

I put up an advert for a White only driving instructor and it got pulled down, this is allowed to stay up though. I was only on there yesterday and there was an advert tagged 'Muslim friends wanted'. When push comes to shove we all know the hypocrisy...
Original post by Ace123
if it had said white only it would have been national news with the muslims protesting but because our government appease muslims they get away with it

Islam is the darling of Political Correctness. You can only be labeled Politically Incorrect if you make a comment about Gays, Women or Islam.
i'm muslim and i believe this is not okay.
Reply 88
Original post by James222
So if I say no smokers im discriminating against 10% of the population who cares
It's more like 20%

Nothing wrong with discrimination depends on your motives. Ive been turned down accomodation because they didnt want to live with someone who cooked meat it didnt bother me
The point is that it is illegal (against the law) to discriminate on religious grounds when renting or selling property.

And I explained why your total double standards argument doesnt make sense.

Being non muslim is neutral you can live with anyone, being muslim means you have specific requirements you need in a room mate
What do Muslims do that prevents them from living with non-Muslims? What is so terrible that no one outside the faith must see it?

Anyway, just being non-Muslim doesn't mean that you can live with anyone. I can't live with people who are into hip-hop and R&B. I also can't live with my ex (according to her "boyfriend" anyway).

Like how atheists can eat halal or kosher but muslims can only eat halal
Just because you share a flat with someone, doesn't mean that you have to eat their food (although I've had a couple of flatmates who seemed to think this!) Also, some atheists can't eat halal or kosher on principle.
(edited 9 years ago)
People should have the right to choose who they live with. Some people are more comfortable sharing an abode with those who share certain characteristics with them, be that gender, religion or culture - and they certainly shouldn't be forced to live with someone in the name of 'equality'. I'm sure there are plenty of rooms available to rent for non-Muslims.
I hereby declare this thread from this point on Christian and Atheist Only!

It doesn't matter if you disagree because I'm a live in TSR Subscriber, not a TSR Landlord renting out subs.

:u:
Original post by Green&Pink
People should have the right to choose who they live with.

Okay I choose to live with you :smile:
Original post by QE2
It's more like 20%

The point is that it is illegal (against the law) to discriminate on religious grounds when renting or selling property.

What do Muslims do that prevents them from living with non-Muslims? What is so terrible that no one outside the faith must see it?

Anyway, just being non-Muslim doesn't mean that you can live with anyone. I can't live with people who are into hip-hop and R&B. I also can't live with my ex (according to her "boyfriend" anyway).

Just because you share a flat with someone, doesn't mean that you have to eat their food (although I've had a couple of flatmates who seemed to think this!) Also, some atheists can't eat halal or kosher on principle.

20% or 40% I was making a point
its not discriminating on religious grounds but lifestyle choice.

wtf are you on about, no one outside the faith must see ? I already said what the reasons where.
your ex is not a group he is a individual, if you dont want to live with people of the opposite sex you are to say so. non muslims can live with anyone they are neutral, your giving me individual stories im talking generally.
you can still smell it and use the same tools etc people dont want to share and they have that right.
Atheists can eat halal many choose not too but nothing stopping them religiously
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by European Pride
Thank you for justifying why muslim immigration should be banned

Does this also fly for Mormon immigration?
Original post by Sanctimonious
I hereby declare this thread from this point on Christian and Atheist Only!

It doesn't matter if you disagree because I'm a live in TSR Subscriber, not a TSR Landlord renting out subs.

Pretty sure you don't own this thread though. I suspect you'll find buried in the T+C's that rights are reserved by TSR. And discrimination would a) be different from a business with no personal interest and b) a bit of a PR disaster.
:u:

Original post by Sanctimonious
Okay I choose to live with you :smile:

Assuming mutual agreement, of course. I thought that went without saying but apparently it needs clarification :h:
Reply 95
If you think there's something wrong with it. then gtfo TSR and go do something about it. I mean bitching about it on here isn't going to do much.
Original post by presidential_
have you not considered that the person might not be comfortable with drunk roommates who smoke, eat bacon, and bring girls over. so instead of making a long list of requirements they simply stated "muslim only"?

Bull****.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
So when I decided who I was going to live with based on who I could live with I was breaking the law because I didn't want to share with certain people. I call bull****.

Original post by getfunky!
mountain out of a molehill - You will usually choose to live with someone who has the same habits/culture as yourself.

Fact is no-one else would be able to do t.
Reply 97
Op Op OP :nah: Only covert racists are quick to cry reverse discrimination :giggle:

First off

Muslim is a religion

a very adverse religion clearly, as they are getting marched against and beaten up just for being Muslim (not that they are all that innocent either, but let's think from different perspectives for a second, though chance would be a fine thing :dry:). Anyway if you practiced a religion that you are devoted to while knowing that there are people who overtly and covertly hate you and are trying to destroy mosques and have been reported for attacking people of this faith, you'd want only followers of your religion around you as well.

As far as race

since no race has every member of it practicing the same religion

not letting people in for their race is too broad and will be seen as discrimination because there is no warranted reason to fear a whole broad group of people; think of all the different lifestyles, religions, cultures, values... in one race.

Protecting a religion is far more crucial than a race. So it's not discrimination, it's being loyal to a religion, only a religious person would understand that :fan:.

That's just from the perspective of the people who put up that sign if they are Muslims and not a prank.

Now from an outsider's perspective

**** THAT! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by Pinzgauer
I'm not really into prayer calls in my accommodation 5 times a day.

I think I'll put a sign up next time saying "Christians, Jews, Hindus & atheists only"

We'll see how long that lasts before I get a knock on the door.

having a muslim roomate wouldn't really make a difference to the point you're complaining about considering call to prayer is done at a mosque.
so if you don't want your accomodation to have prayer calls I suggest you don't live close to a mosque.
Original post by Roger1
Haha deal with it.

Well it's people like you that encourage Britain to hurdle towards the inevitable clash of cultures that is looming imminently, and stoking the far-right

Latest

Trending

Trending