The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Registration??

Hi people.
Today I recieved a letter from Edinburgh about registration. Well, actually some short forms which I had to modify if needed.

Well, i have 2 questions about them.
One is on the firts sheet, section 1 - personal & address details. It's says semester address, pcode, and tel no. but its all blank. Am I meant to fill that? I don't know what it wants, should I leave it blank?

Also, in my tution fees form - part 1, where it says fees paid by self, it says £1700. In the fees paid by student loans company row, it says £0 is paid. However, I have got the forms saying that the loan company will be paying my tution fees direct to my university. Is this something I should be sorting out at registration, and obviously not bother sending it off till im there? Has anyone else got this on their forms too?

Thanks, Billy.
Reply 1
you see how there is a booklet that comes with the registration forms? it explains how to fill the form in. and yes, you do fill in your term address and i would also checkout the bit about the tuition fees, coughing up £1700per year when you dont have to does not sound like fun. on mine it says fees to be paid by saas.

see you in a couple of weeks!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Also remember about the council tax exemption!
My form said I was paying my own fees as well (£2700 - for me!) which was quite scary. I rang this morning and the guy said that if I sent off the letter I had from the SLC that said that they would pay my fees then Ed would update my records, but he sounded a lot like I was the 100th person to ask him - so I wouldn't worry.
Reply 4
Ermmm yeah, i had a feeling my form wasn't the only one that said that, which is why I posted it here. Anyway, I think I'm just going to keep the forms and wait till registration instead of sending it off. That way I can make sure it's sorted out whilst I'm there.
that makes sense, I just didn't fancy spending my monday morning on freshers week faffing about if I didn't have too. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that way anyway! Scared me a bit for sure.
Reply 6
If in doubt, the Finance Department told me to bring along some proof that the SLC was paying my tuition fees (e.g. a letter from the SLC, or what have you). Worst that can happen is that you'll be directed to the Finance Desk during the registration period. VERY worst that can happen is that if your Student Loan hasn't gone through, you'll have to fill in a direct debit form to pay the November tuition fee instalment out of your own pocket. But chances are that by November, any problems relating to the Student Loan will be sorted and you'll be able to cancel the direct debit without ever having to pay a penny.

Whoa - I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about there.
For Scottish students who are having their fees paid by SAAS, when you sent your registration letters back did you send a copy of your SAAS letter as well?

Because I remembered reading something earlier in the year saying that you were to copy your SAAS letter in the 'How to Matriculate' booklet, but the book we got with registration doesn't say you need it?
My tutition fee form said I was paying my £1700 too so I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe when we give them out forms from the LEA they will change it. I posted mine back today... we didn't have to write anything else on the tutition fee form did we? And we just had to send the letter from out LEA saying they were paying our fees?

The regestration booklet was useless. I read it twice and so did my mum, and we still don't have any idea if we have done it right or not! It said not to change the green form, but then on another bit it said to amend any incorrect details :confused:
Reply 9
Eurgh, for God sakes. I completely over-looked that when I was filling in the forms... I just assumed that the LEA would be contacting Edinburgh (or vice versa) to see if they were paying the tuition fees. I remember seeing it and not thinking much of it. That guide really was confusing me. I will write and send them the letter I got from the SLC saying that they're paying my fees.

Eurgh, HASSLE!!
Yeah but then my green form said that they knew SAAS was paying the £1700? Argh tres confusing!

Latest

Trending

Trending