The Student Room Group

TV opportunity: ITV's Good Morning Britain - did you miss your GCSEs last year?

Hi everyone,

ITV's Good Morning Britain is going to be reporting on GCSE Results Day on
Thursday 21st August. They are looking for people who perhaps didn't get the results they were hoping for last year in their GCSE's but are now doing well and contrary to popular belief their lives did not end because of their GCSE results. Hopefully this will support the many students who go through this every year.

It sounds like a great opportunity to help reassure students this year - if you are interested and able to take part, please let me know ASAP :smile:

Thanks,

Jack
Hmmm....
Hello,
Are there any incentives for students to take part in this program?
I ask because I know many students who would be willing to to do this without getting anything out of it as well as students who would only be interested if they could make some sort of gain from it.
Thanks
Original post by TheWiseMan
Hello,
Are there any incentives for students to take part in this program?
I ask because I know many students who would be willing to to do this without getting anything out of it as well as students who would only be interested if they could make some sort of gain from it.
Thanks

No, it's more of a perk for those who would want to share their story with other students to reassure them.

(plus of course, being on ITV if that's of any interest!)
i'm interested got an e in maths gcse
Original post by Captain Jack
Hi everyone,

ITV's Good Morning Britain is going to be reporting on GCSE Results Day on
Thursday 21st August. They are looking for people who perhaps didn't get the results they were hoping for last year in their GCSE's but are now doing well and contrary to popular belief their lives did not end because of their GCSE results. Hopefully this will support the many students who go through this every year.

It sounds like a great opportunity to help reassure students this year - if you are interested and able to take part, please let me know ASAP :smile:

Thanks,

Jack

Yeah I would be interested, but I still managed to get 1A, 2B's and 2C's so I didn't really do that badly but compared to my predicted grades this year (A's and A*'s) they were low, and my geog and English grades went down due to the grade boundaries moving and gove's **** actions.
Yes I did... 5 years ago :s-smilie:
Original post by amelimoo
Yeah I would be interested, but I still managed to get 1A, 2B's and 2C's so I didn't really do that badly but compared to my predicted grades this year (A's and A*'s) they were low, and my geog and English grades went down due to the grade boundaries moving and gove's **** actions.

I'm sure that would be very interesting to them - if you're interested, please can you PM me your email, phone number and full name, then I can pass onto the lady at ITV (who is lovely) and she can get in touch to discuss it a little bit with you :smile:
I was expecting maybe 7 or 8 A*s, with the rest being As. I got 4 A*s as well as 3 Bs.
So I didn't do badly, but I didn't get what I was hoping for, and I was quite surprised on results day.
Weirdly, it's been good for me as it's meant that I have worked reallly hard this year, and should hopefully have 4 As come results day (14th august). One of my english papers was remarked from a C to an A last year though, which was weird. Idk I'm not really sure this is what you're looking for :3

Quick Reply