The Student Room Group

You find a £20 note on the street...

Scroll to see replies

Keep it and spend it on one Best of the Best ticket, and a couple of lottery tickets. Worthless, meager sum of money that I can gamble with guilt-free.
If it was a fiver then I'd keep it, any higher note I'd just leave, unless there wasn't a single person or camera around... in which I'd probably feel guilty but I'd keep it. And I'd spend it on something that isn't stupid. :redface: Unless I didn't feel daring that day, in which I'd leave it. Tbh most days I'd leave it anyway and ignore it but depends on my day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by carrotstar
Depends on a few variables:
If I saw who dropped it, I'd pick it up, catch up with them, and give it back.
If it was just lying there and a homeless person was nearby, I'd pick it up and give it to them.
If it was just lying there and no homeless person was nearby, I'd pick it up and stick it into the first charity bucket I found.

I know it's only £20, but I'd feel so guilty using it myself! But I don't think it's worth taking into a police station.

This is good.

I have a new favourite reply in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I saw the person drop it I would give it to them. If not I'd keep it. Unless it was with a wallet/purse or any other thing that could help identify who owns it. If I lost it I would not expect to get it back and I wouldn't even think of going into a shop or police station to ask if anyone handed it in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:angry:
Original post by Motorbiker
This is good.

I have a new favourite reply in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, thank you! :3
£20 is like nothing and the police probably wont care.
ID pay a homeless man/woman £20 to eat dogpoo

afterall, if we work for our money, why shouldnt they?
Keep it
Would keep it. If it was a wallet or credit card, I'd hand it in.
Reply 109
I'm sorry, who hands money to some unscrupulous cop :dry: Then think about how they'll notify people: "Uhhh...someone lost 20 bucks and a moron just handed it in. Anyone lost 20 bucks?" Everyone in close proximity and from afar will say they lost it :dry: It won't even be announced, they'll just split it between each other and get donuts :ahee:.
Just keep the money and see it is good luck :biggrin:

As sad as I am, I just dropped a "fiver" at the Hospital. And I'm not mad at all about someone taking it, I'm more mad about dropping it. :facepalm: Needed fare for metro too >.<
Reply 110
Original post by ChrisLay1
Would keep it. If it was a wallet or credit card, I'd hand it in.

:awesome: Yeah the ID should help and someone will report a lost wallet, no one will report lost 20 bucks because they know it's gone fa good. :indiff:
Reply 111
I would definitely keep it :biggrin:
Original post by skd1996
If it was a large sum of money or in a wallet I would hand it in, however, if it was literally just a £20 note blowing around on the street I'd probably keep it

Original post by Add!ction
Keep it, it's only £20. However, if it's in a wallet then I would hand it in/return it.

I think that would be my train of thoughts.

Loose cash? Keep, unless you saw the person drop it.

Money in an envelope/wallet/purse? Hand it in, definitely. The person would then be able to claim the money back. :smile:

Larger amounts of money? Depends on the location, and if there was a police station nearby.
I've lost a £20 note on the street when I was much younger and lost a £5 a few weeks ago. The fiver hurt way more so I don't think I'd keep it. I would give it to the person if I saw them drop it or I would give it to a friend who I know is a bit low on cash

Quick Reply

Latest