The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How flexible do you think LSE might be if I fail to make the offer?

I got a conditional offer for International Relations, but I am applying from abroad, with an offer that is not very comparable to UK A-Levels. The offer that LSE made me is I think is much harder than AAA. But I don't think LSE will appreciate that much.

How flexible gneerally are LSE in accepting applicants that nomrally miss grades. Anyone know how high their conditional offers to places ratio is?
Thanks.
ccc
I got a conditional offer for International Relations, but I am applying from abroad, with an offer that is not very comparable to UK A-Levels. The offer that LSE made me is I think is much harder than AAA. But I don't think LSE will appreciate that much.

How flexible gneerally are LSE in accepting applicants that nomrally miss grades. Anyone know how high their conditional offers to places ratio is?
Thanks.

Conditional offers to places ratio is 3:1, according to the Government and International Relations departments (I asked at the open day).

As far as I know, LSE almost never accept candidates who do not meet the grades upon which there offer depends. Sorry!

Tom
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
To tell you the truth, I dont think the offer you have would be harder then AAA. The course requirement is only ABB. Anyway, I think an institution that takes as many international students as LSE would be able to sort out what the equivalent grades would be in the set of exams ur taking.
Doing int. rel. as well btw- the course looks fantastic.
Reply 3
Tigs
To tell you the truth, I dont think the offer you have would be harder then AAA. The course requirement is only ABB. Anyway, I think an institution that takes as many international students as LSE would be able to sort out what the equivalent grades would be in the set of exams ur taking.
Doing int. rel. as well btw- the course looks fantastic.

I was offered BBB

what if I get like ABC or AAD ???
Reply 4
ccc
OP
tomhitchings
Conditional offers to places ratio is 3:1 Tom

Well I heard elsewhere (can't remember where) that only 10% of applicants fail to make their grades, which I guess is a reflection of the high numbers winning A-Level As or top grades in IB (n the French Bac, only maybe 1% get the top grade - there is not even any data - and the the difficulty of the type of Bac programme is considered even more important than the grade).
The high of offers to places would mean then that there are massive numbers who have LSE as insurance and go elsewhere. And I read elsewhere that LSE is suffering badly now because of the sharp rise in costs (e..g far fewer 31-week rentals!)
The sharp drop in first years enrolled in Iht Relations (from 65 in 2002 to around 45 in 2003) would also suggest either strong desistement, or else no leniency in offers.
I wonder which. Either way, the big variability in places from year to year is quite strange.
Reply 5
illumintai
I was offered BBB

what if I get like ABC or AAD ???
if u have a points offer (300 for BBB) then it doesnt matter what u get. howevr if they ask for BBB they want a Bin every subject regardless. especially if ur doing what they consider joke subjects
Reply 6
ccc
OP
ccc
Well I heard elsewhere (can't remember where) that only 10% of applicants fail to make their grades, which I guess is a reflection of the high numbers winning A-Level As or top grades in IB (n the French Bac, only maybe 1% get the top grade - there is not even any data - and the the difficulty of the type of Bac programme is considered even more important than the grade).
The high of offers to places would mean then that there are massive numbers who have LSE as insurance and go elsewhere. And I read elsewhere that LSE is suffering badly now because of the sharp rise in costs (e..g far fewer 31-week rentals!)
The sharp drop in first years enrolled in Iht Relations (from 65 in 2002 to around 45 in 2003) would also suggest either strong desistement, or else no leniency in offers.
I wonder which. Either way, the big variability in places from year to year is quite strange.

Latest

Trending

Trending