The Student Room Group

Blackhead remedies

Anyone know an effective way to get rid of blackheads? The deep set ones that look more like freckles.
Reply 1
You can buy blackhead removers but they're quite painful. You could get a good exfoliator and see if you can bring them to the surface a little more, and maybe a scrubbing mit. You could treat yourself to a facial at a spa too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ldsbabe
You can buy blackhead removers but they're quite painful. You could get a good exfoliator and see if you can bring them to the surface a little more, and maybe a scrubbing mit. You could treat yourself to a facial at a spa too :smile:

I've tried all of them, my case just seems hopeless haha
Blackhead removal stripes
Exfoliate your skin with lemon juice and sugar and do it once a week. Mix the lemon juice and sugar until you form a paste. Scrub it your clean face concentrate on the blackheads, but remember to use a very light touch. Too rough, and you could damage your skin. Do this for 3-5 minutes. Rinse well. Enjoy your clean face.
Reply 5
Original post by RehaShaikh
Blackhead removal stripes

I've heard these do more damage than good as they are too harsh on the skin
Reply 6
Original post by mommabeauty
Exfoliate your skin with lemon juice and sugar and do it once a week. Mix the lemon juice and sugar until you form a paste. Scrub it your clean face concentrate on the blackheads, but remember to use a very light touch. Too rough, and you could damage your skin. Do this for 3-5 minutes. Rinse well. Enjoy your clean face.

I don't find that exfoliating particularly helps because they don't protrude on the surface of the skin
Exfoliation is one of vital treatment for get healthier skin, apricot and walnut scrub removes dirt and dead cell leaving your skin supple and smooth.
Salt and toothpaste.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they're around the nose I strongly recommend blackhead strips (Bioré not any other cheap brands!). If not use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (its on sale at feelunique and on escentual) and it really cleans out your pores - contains salicylic acid and exfoliates the skin to prevent future buildup blocking pores! Really helped my skin - don't have any blackheads now! Just use it twice a day after cleansing. Also what do you wash your face with? Use a scrub or exfoliator eg (St Ives Scrub) - but don't scrub too much because that can leave you with broken capillaries!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending