The Student Room Group

What small gestures keep your relationship alive and kicking?

Sometimes the total joy of being in a relationship is the barely noticeable gesture you give the other.

From making a cup of tea at the right time of day, to making sure their clothes are ironed, and making your other half happy by asking them about their day or sneaking in the odd compliment here and there.

When you're busy, what particular gestures do you offer to show your other half that you still care?

Scroll to see replies

Agreeing on discussions with high fives!
A lovingly raised middle finger is my gesture of choice. <3
Reply 3
If we are randomly doing our own thing like I'm doing uni work and he's playing a game for example, we'll stop randomly every so often to say I love you, cuddle and have a chat for about 15 mins. If I'm really busy and cant stop for long, we just kiss and say I love you at random times or he'll tap me on the shoulder to turn around and he'll pull a funny face and then say it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
We send each other little messages showing how much we love each other,
at the mean time, I'm making little notes of something I love about him every day.
:biggrin: It's the small things that count.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not really a small gesture, but I saw someone do this.

http://i.imgur.com/jLuzNd7.jpg

I'd love to (try and) do it, when I have somebody to do it for xD.
(edited 9 years ago)
whipped cream on the tip

:colone:
Reply 7
Original post by LJStudent
whipped cream on the tip

:colone:

Welcome to TSR...
Original post by amood00
welcome to tsr...

:e :e :e :e :e :e :e :e :e :e :e
Original post by Bude8
Not really a small gesture, but I saw someone do this.

Spoiler

I'd love to (try and) do it, when I have somebody to do it for xD.

Doesn't work :/
Original post by janicee
Doesn't work :/

Check my post again - should hopefully work this time :smile:
Original post by Bude8
Check my post again - should hopefully work this time :smile:

Omg that's adorable! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Back rubs and preparing his stuff for work

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're not a soppy couple if we say I love you then its a big thing, so if im really stressed or haven't seen him i'll say it and its a giant deal. We'll send each other stupid funny videos usually singing to some crappy song or something funny happening at work. Its just a sort of im still thinking about you/
- Being able to admit when you are wrong

- Leaving little notes in places for them to find such as in their shoes or coat pockets telling them you love them :blush:

- Taking fun photos on their phone for them to find :giggle:

- Sometimes, just being there and be willing to be boring for one night, or watch one of their favourite shows that you just don't get (Gilmore Girls):lol:

- Seems obvious, but so few people are willing to buy presents outside specific dates. Nothing is quite as magical as someone buying you that one thing you really wanted without you asking for it or expecting it.

- Do things that they do. If they read a book read it too. If they are interested in molecular physics then take an interest too. It's easy if it's the right person.

Might think of more and post them later, but I've always been happy in my relationships and I think the main part of that comes from being willing to make your partners life magical in the smallest ways. :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
buy them something they like. doesn't have to be something extravagant but for me, I used to listen to what type of chocolate they like, look at the clothes they bought and viola! easy presents :smile:
Also, make them laugh. Sing some song for them or record a video of you lip-synching to a song they like. Shows how much you value them really.
Buying them a nice magazine/chocolate when you know they're having a bleh day.

cup of tea for her in bed most days is pretty sweet as well.
I do not kill him when he snores - this proves my love on a nightly basis
Dutch oven

Quick Reply

Latest