The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How lenient are University of Southampton?

Hey guys, I desperately want to do Adult Nursing at Southampton university this year. Can someone please tell me how lenient they are with grades? I was offered BBB and I am quite worried about Maths. I got an overall B last year but now I am unsure whether I will get an overall B cause I totally messed up M1, C3 and C4 :frown: Any information guys?? Thanks in advance!! xx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marsss
Hey guys, I desperately want to do Adult Nursing at Southampton university this year. Can someone please tell me how lenient they are with grades? I was offered BBB and I am quite worried about Maths. I got an overall B last year but now I am unsure whether I will get an overall B cause I totally messed up M1, C3 and C4 :frown: Any information guys?? Thanks in advance!! xx

Hey, just going to bump this thread in the hopes that someone will see it. :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
I feel your pain!! I want to do Adult Nursing at Southampton but mucked up one of my exams too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Southampton tend to be very lenient, even moreso if you have special circumstances (one of my physis classmates got a D in one of her subjects)
Original post by Dorkins
Southampton tend to be very lenient, even moreso if you have special circumstances (one of my physis classmates got a D in one of her subjects)

How would the university know about the special circumstances?
Reply 5
Original post by magicmonkey
How would the university know about the special circumstances?

You tell the uni, eg if a family member dies
Reply 6
I feel your pain!! I want to do Adult Nursing at Southampton but mucked up one of my exams too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I KNOW RIGHT! Do you think they will consider how well you did during the interview?
Original post by marsss
I KNOW RIGHT! Do you think they will consider how well you did during the interview?

I remember them saying that they will consider how far off the grade you were and if you exceeded in anything else. I just hope they're kind :frown: Why I didn't go to college and not do A levels I do not know! Where have you applied for, for your accommodation?
Reply 8
I remember them saying that they will consider how far off the grade you were and if you exceeded in anything else. I just hope they're kind :frown: Why I didn't go to college and not do A levels I do not know! Where have you applied for, for your accommodation?

I hope they're kind too :frown: So scared for results day! I applied for Wessex Lane, Glen Eyre and Bencraft. How about you??
Original post by marsss
I hope they're kind too :frown: So scared for results day! I applied for Wessex Lane, Glen Eyre and Bencraft. How about you??

Results day is classed as a swear word in my house haha! I applied to Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane :smile:
Reply 10
Results day is classed as a swear word in my house haha! I applied to Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane :smile:

same. What are you studying?
Ahhh I hope I get the grades for Southampton! I need AAA to do Law! but it's seeming more and more unlikely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully Adult Nursing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you get in?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Did you get in?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually have not got any replies yet. Do you know why this is happening? And did you get accepted?
Me neither. I've meet the conditions but I have to wait for my dbs form to finish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Me neither. I've meet the conditions but I have to wait for my dbs form to finish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how long it's gonna take?
Reply 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm having the same problem. What's a dbs form?
It's the "Disclosure and Barring Service" form, essentially it's a background check which is sometimes required if one wants to work with people who are in any way vulnerable.
My offer was AAB and I've been accepted with ABC, based on "outstanding non-academic achievements". I'm pretty sure it's because my interview went so well.

Did you do an interview? If so that may influence the outcome.

Good luck to you

Quick Reply

Latest