The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Anyone done the 36 week maths SKE?

I will be starting next month. How did you find the course? Are there any set books that I could look for in advance?
Thanks.
Original post by Matureb
I will be starting next month. How did you find the course? Are there any set books that I could look for in advance?
Thanks.

Hey, just going to bump this thread in the hopes that someone will see it. :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hi Matureb

I was just wondering how you go on with the SKE 36 maths course? I've been offered a place starting in September. I don't have an A-level in maths (only GCE grade A), although I did some in my degree many years ago. I'm concerned that I may not have sufficient background, it being pitched at first year degree level. I also have an offer from Hull where the 32 week SKE is focussed more directly on the GCSE and A-level curriculum in schools, which obviously seems a lot easier. Did you feel that the course prepared you well for teaching? Would it have been better to focus more directly on what is taught in schools, or do you feel the approach at Sheffield Hallam is more useful? It looks a lot more intensive to me than the majority of SKE courses.

Thanks
Reply 3
I sent you a pm. If it worked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending