The Student Room Group

Is it worth writing about physio W/exp in Med PS?

So I have hardly any work exp...1 week at a GP (where I wasn't even allowed to sit with the GP, but I doubt I'll exactly mention that in my PS)
1 DAY (again won't mention the specific one day) at cardiology.
And currently am doing some work exp. with physio...I'm finding it quite interesting and can relate it to med due to the similar physio-patient contact that a Dr-patient would experience.
But would it be worth mentioning this?
As I've also got lots to write about all the volunteering/my job etc.

Original post by tealover96
So I have hardly any work exp...1 week at a GP (where I wasn't even allowed to sit with the GP, but I doubt I'll exactly mention that in my PS)
And currently am doing some work exp. with physio...I'm finding it quite interesting and can relate it to med due to the similar physio-patient contact that a Dr-patient would experience.

Absolutely :yes:. If you saw teamwork, patient interaction etc then it is all good :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by tealover96

Yes, it is worth mentioning. In your ps you shouldn't write specifics like location or length of wex, if they want to know this they will ask you at interview.

As long as you can relate skills you learnt or it showed you, and discuss how it may have increased or confirmed your desire to study medicine, it is worth putting in :smile:
Yes, it is worth mentioning. You don't necessarily need all your experience to be directly medically related, what's important is what you have taken from your experiences. If you've further enhanced and possibly gained skills that are transferable to a career in medicine then you should be good to go.

Best of luck with your application :top:
Reply 4
Original post by Neostigmine
Absolutely :yes:. If you saw teamwork, patient interaction etc then it is all good :smile:

Original post by lamyers1
Yes, it is worth mentioning. In your ps you shouldn't write specifics like location or length of wex, if they want to know this they will ask you at interview.

As long as you can relate skills you learnt or it showed you, and discuss how it may have increased or confirmed your desire to study medicine, it is worth putting in :smile:

Original post by Anonymοοse
Yes, it is worth mentioning. You don't necessarily need all your experience to be directly medically related, what's important is what you have taken from your experiences. If you've further enhanced and possibly gained skills that are transferable to a career in medicine then you should be good to go.

Best of luck with your application :top:

Thank you! :smile:
I'll definitely add it in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending