The Student Room Group

Anyone doing AS Further Maths in Year 13?

Just wanted to know if you've started yet (I've started it so that I can concentrate on the 'normal' A2 Maths when I go back in September) and what you think so far?
Reply 1
Which modules are you doing for normal Maths and which for Further AS?
Original post by Sataris
Which modules are you doing for normal Maths and which for Further AS?

so far I've done C1,C2 and S1
for A2 maths I am doing C3,C4,and M1
For AS Further I'm doing S2, FP1, and M2
Reply 3
Original post by lightningdoritos
so far I've done C1,C2 and S1
for A2 maths I am doing C3,C4,and M1
For AS Further I'm doing S2, FP1, and M2

Are you going to do M1 in class first? M2 might be a bit unfair if not :wink:
Original post by Sataris
Are you going to do M1 in class first? M2 might be a bit unfair if not :wink:

Yup but I also have a maths tutor :smile: also, some parts of M2 don't require knowledge of M1
Just wanted to know if you've started yet (I've started it so that I can concentrate on the 'normal' A2 Maths when I go back in September) and what you think so far?

Yes I am going to be doing further maths AS when I go back in september. I also might do AS and A2 further maths in year 13 but I havent decided on that yet, as I would need to self teach the A2. I havent started yet I've just been doing core 3 stuff.
Original post by crayolaguy
Yes I am going to be doing further maths AS when I go back in september. I also might do AS and A2 further maths in year 13 but I havent decided on that yet, as I would need to self teach the A2. I havent started yet I've just been doing core 3 stuff.

I was gonna do the whole FM in one year but I thought it might be too much for me
I was gonna do the whole FM in one year but I thought it might be too much for me

Yeah that's maybe what i am thinking too, but I know i could do it so i think i'm gonna
Reply 8
I'm doing it independently though.
In thinking about it, not sure if I will be able to handle the workload though.
I'm taking maths, chemistry and physics at a2 next year, do you think it's doable?
I am (doing FP1, M1 and M2)! I've looked a little bit at matrices, but not at the rest. I'm also self-teaching D2 next year (as opposed to the S1 my school will teach), so I need to get started on that as well.
Original post by jamez870
In thinking about it, not sure if I will be able to handle the workload though.
I'm taking maths, chemistry and physics at a2 next year, do you think it's doable?

I don't take chem and physics but if you work hard then I suppose it is doable

Original post by kkboyk
I'm doing it independently though.

I would recommend getting a tutor if you struggle, because I find teaching myself is really slow

Original post by loperdoper
I am (doing FP1, M1 and M2)! I've looked a little bit at matrices, but not at the rest. I'm also self-teaching D2 next year (as opposed to the S1 my school will teach), so I need to get started on that as well.

I was gonna do Decision maths but apparently unis don't like it very much
Reply 12

I would recommend getting a tutor if you struggle, because I find teaching myself is really slow

Can't afford it, so if I'm struggling might ask a couple of friends who already completed all of it.
Original post by kkboyk
Can't afford it, so if I'm struggling might ask a couple of friends who already completed all of it.

good plan

Ah so it's not only me who thought about doing the whole A level in a year haha. I would really like to but that means taking 9 modules in one year! Alongside all my other exams (and possible resits :s-smilie:) it could end in disaster. AS further maths should be alright though providing I get C3 done this month, just M2 which I'm worried about (done C1,C2,S1, Half of M1)
I was gonna do Decision maths but apparently unis don't like it very much

I didn't have a choice, and actually a lot of people I know found it very difficult/hated it with a passion, I just happened to love it
Original post by TajwarC
Ah so it's not only me who thought about doing the whole A level in a year haha. I would really like to but that means taking 9 modules in one year! Alongside all my other exams (and possible resits :s-smilie:) it could end in disaster. AS further maths should be alright though providing I get C3 done this month, just M2 which I'm worried about (done C1,C2,S1, Half of M1)

Yeah I don't wanna bring down my other grades. I'm gonna do M1 and M2 together with my tutor because they kind of overlap

Original post by loperdoper
I didn't have a choice, and actually a lot of people I know found it very difficult/hated it with a passion, I just happened to love it

well it's always good to do something you like!

Quick Reply

Latest