The Student Room Group
If you think you can grab AAA or AAB at A2 then you can pretty much apply to any of the top uni's for CompSci. Be aware that most require and A grade in A level Maths.

There's lots of good unis out there for CompSci - don't worry we all have trouble deciding on six of them!

A good starter list is as follows (alphabetical order): Bath, Bristol, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Imperial, Manchester, Oxford, Southampton, St Andrews, UCL, Warwick, York (but don't rule out any others that I've left out).

If you want to talk about applying to CompSci / UCAS choices, PM me and perhaps we can talk on msn or something?
Reply 2
I'd agree with most of the unis suggested by Eroded, but don't forget to do a bit of your own research, and try to visit as many of them as possible. Don't forget that what one person may like, you may hate.
I also recommend checking out the individual course content so that they do the things that you want to do, this will be very important in terms of deciding a Uni.
Reply 4
Well some of the top unis you can apply to and have a good chance of getting into are:
Cambridge, Imperial, York, Bristol, Southampton, Warwick, UCL
Reply 5
Will my gcse grades not hinder my chances at getting a place at a top 10 uni :frown:
GCSEs mean practically nothing.
Reply 7
v2006
Will my gcse grades not hinder my chances at getting a place at a top 10 uni :frown:

Only Oxford and Cambridge. If you really want to go to either of them, then it won't hurt to try but there will be a lot of competition. However bear in mind that many people would consider an Imperial graduate better than an Oxbridge one for comp sci.
Reply 8
As for Oxbridge, they do require straight As. They'll also perfer if you know how to use apostrophes. :wink:

I'd highly recommend you do your research. Make sure you don't blow your 6 choices on all top Universities. Remember you might not get the required grade. 3 ideal Universities and 3 slightly lower in the league table (in case you don't get your predicted grades) should be a wise approach.

Nice results by the way. Make sure you don't drop Maths. :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks for your advice guys. I will be carrying on with maths bio and chem at A2 level. I think i will apply to imperial/kcl/ucl in london and bristol/manchester/soton outside. I think i should easily get ABB and therefore have decided not to apply to a uni that requires lower grades.
Reply 10
Well, you have 6 choices so why blow them on Universities that require the grade that you think you will 'easily get'. Its always safe to go for a few lower ones just in case. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending