The Student Room Group

Will I get my student loan in time?

I'm writing here as an open question, since I didn't find a suitable email address and the phone lines take approximately 2 billion years.

I was wondering if an application for student finance in the uni year for 2014/2015 tomorrow whether I'd get the first term loan in time. I know the deadline is 30th May for your loan to be guaranteed in time. The reason this is two months late is:

I actually already applied in May. I got a letter back from student finance in June saying I am entitled to the standard loan + more based on household income. Then just a few days ago I got another letter saying I was only entitled to the basic loan. Nothing based on household income, therefore I'd be getting £1000+ less. I called SFE and they said my parents never provided income information, which they actually had done back in May, I watched them do it. So I'm assuming SFE lost it. We did send in a couple corrections after, as we were told to by SFE, so they possibly could have taken the correction form as a full one and assumed we didn't give enough info. Anyway. They told us to fill out a whole new form and send it in. They said PFF1, but I can't find this so I assume they meant PN1.

I just wondered when I resend this, do I get guaranteed the loan for my first term? Cause really it was SFE at fault.

Thanks.
Reply 1
This has been resolved now in a phone call today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending