The Student Room Group

I'm an Indian guy ask me anything

anything guys^

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adityac3688
anything guys^

What is your goal in life?
What's your individual thoughts on interracial marriage?
Reply 3
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What's your individual thoughts on interracial marriage?

Well personally, I don't mind interracial marriage at all! And there are hardly any Indian girls in my year anyway :tongue: The race doesn't even matter to me really and but idm interracial marriage at all but my parents do :P
Reply 4
Original post by bubble999
What is your goal in life?

My goal in life is to study in a USA Ivy league university and to succeed in Engineering or Law! Honestly, I just want to be either rich or successful in my life. So overall I want to be successful, rich and make my parents proud :smile: Thats what everyone wants though :/
anything guys^

Adi! You've stooped to AMA level! :laugh:
Reply 6
Original post by karmacrunch
Adi! You've stooped to AMA level! :laugh:

HAHAHAHA yeah, nothing to do with life :3 :angel:
Reply 7
What do Indian guys think of gay relationships and what are your personal views??
Reply 8
Original post by Sollom
What do Indian guys think of gay relationships and what are your personal views??

In India, if someone is gay in India that'll be worse than torture to them and they'll never reveal it, if they do reveal it thats gonna ruin them and the society will think really badly about them, so usually many Indians oppose to believe that they are gay in the first place, and there are rarely any gay relationships in India, if there are any these people are the ones discriminated and tormented until they die :/, personally i dont really give a damn about gay relationships, if you want to be in a gay relationship then sure! But i'm straight! :3
Well personally, I don't mind interracial marriage at all! And there are hardly any Indian girls in my year anyway :tongue: The race doesn't even matter to me really and but idm interracial marriage at all but my parents do :P

I'm quite surprised by this response. Great that you're not a racist. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Where will you be attending university?
There were no indian stormtroopers were there?
(edited 9 years ago)
What makes you different from every single other Indian person on this forum/in the world?
I'm quite surprised by this response. Great that you're not a racist. :biggrin:

Why would you be surprised with the response?

In my personal experience as a person of mixed-race (Indian/English), there are probably about 10 people of the same background in my college alone :P

Is it a normal thing for most Indians to look down on interracial marriages?
Original post by saibhandari
Why would you be surprised with the response?

In my personal experience as a person of mixed-race (Indian/English), there are probably about 10 people of the same background in my college alone :P

Is it a normal thing for most Indians to look down on interracial marriages?

From what I've seen, a lot disapprove. I think mainly the elder generation but it carries down to younger ones as well.
From what I've seen, a lot disapprove. I think mainly the elder generation but it carries down to younger ones as well.

Damn, well I guess it depends on whether you're Indian and living in India or if you're Indian and either moved abroad/grew up abroad.

To be fair, I do remember my parents talking about how my father's friends acted rather snobbish when he brought her to India to visit his family.

Thanks for clearing it up :smile:
Original post by Sollom
Where will you be attending university?

I want to go to MIT, Stanford or Cambridge for Engineering, but if that doesn't work out I want to do Law in an Ivy League such as Yale/Princeton/Columbia, Realistically I believe I can't make it to to Harvard Law so those 3 are my options if I choose to do Law which is quite unlikely since i've been interested in engineering all my life, and since i'm an international student its a looot harder!
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS
There were no indian stormtroopers where there?

HAHAHA Nope :3

I agree, Love Marriage is acceptable for the elder generation nowadays but still is somewhat disgraceful, but if you go to India you won't see ANY inter-racial couples at all! But here, there are so many Indians dating European girls and stuff, in fact 4 of my indian friends are!

There are hardly any indian girls here in my year, just a lot of indian guys so we don't have indian girls as an option really lol.
Original post by Arthur Folksake
What makes you different from every single other Indian person on this forum/in the world?

Nothing almost every Indian I know personally are super hard-working and high academic achievers! In fact 60% of our schools honour rolls have Indians in them, but I guess I do exceptionally better then many Indians in Physics since my average currently is 100%, but what we do here in Hong Kong is much easier than India :P

But i'm the best Indian runner in my year, the year below and the year above, so I guess that? And I have genuine interest for engineering, in India many indians are forced to do engineering despite the fact that they don't enjoy or like it, they're just born with their parents having expectations that boys will become engineers and girls will be doctors.

Quick Reply

Latest