The Student Room Group

Somali's?

I don't understand why some other black people try to argue that Somali's are not black? I've only experienced this recently as I have never been around other blacks before. Do people not realise how stupid it is to tell a person what their race is? It's very patronising. It's nearly always other black people claiming that Somalis are not black as they don't fit some narrow criteria as if being black is like joining some kind of club. Thoughts?

BTW it's Somali not Somalian.
If they're not black, what are they? Black is a colour :confused:
Reply 2
It's a load of bs, we are black. Somalis are indigenous people of the Horn of Africa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well...technically, probably, not all somalians are black. If we're being PC.
Original post by Amphiprion

not all?
Original post by Amphiprion

How so?

Please don't say skin colour/features lol. :rolleyes:
Original post by Secretnerd123
not all?

Original post by SophiaLDN
How so?

Please don't say skin colour/features lol. :rolleyes:

Same way not all Brits are white.
Reply 7
The harsh truth is, and I know this from spending the majority of my life living in a predominantly black part of London, at a predominantly black school and hearing it more times than I could count; a lot of Caribbeans and West Africans seem to think that Somalis, or East Africans in general, are inferior in some way, and they don't want to be associated with them, and so say that in an attempt to disassociate themselves from Somalis.

It's *******s obviously, but that's how a lot of non-East African black people I've come across think. Not all, but a lot.
Reply 8
"Black" means nothing. West Africans, African-Americans, Caribbeans, and all real "Blacks" with paternal "Black" heritage are E1b1a.

Somalis are E1b1b and so are North Africans Berbers, and large portions of Southern Europeans like Greeks. Even Hitler is supposedly E1b1b according to the DNA sample of his close relatives descendant.

Many famous people like the wright brothers, Einstien, former American president Thomas Jefferson are all E1b1b but Somalia is the homeland of the E1b1b mutation as 80% of Somali men carry it.

[video="youtube;zMPjkfCGz2k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMPjkfCGz2k[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest