The Student Room Group

Newcastle University

Hi all. Im Chris and im soon to be a "mature student" studying law at Newcastle. . Slightly nervous about all the teenagers calling me "gramps". . Lol. Just wanted to say hello :-). . . Oh im 23 ill be 24 when I start.
Original post by CJay90
Hi all. Im Chris and im soon to be a "mature student" studying law at Newcastle. . Slightly nervous about all the teenagers calling me "gramps". . Lol. Just wanted to say hello :-). . . Oh im 23 ill be 24 when I start.

Well hey gramps, I'm hopefully going to be at Newcastle in September for English Literature :smile: 24 isn't exactly that old!
Reply 2
Original post by EdmundPhilips
Well hey gramps, I'm hopefully going to be at Newcastle in September for English Literature :smile: 24 isn't exactly that old!

Hello youngster :-) . (You didn't say your age ill guess) lol . .Ah a fellow new Newcastle person thats nice . I know just seems sooo long since I was 18 :-O
Original post by CJay90
Hello youngster :-) . (You didn't say your age ill guess) lol . .Ah a fellow new Newcastle person thats nice . I know just seems sooo long since I was 18 :-O

Where are you from then? I'm going to be 18 when uni starts in September
Hey,

I'm 26 and will be studying Dentistry at Newcastle in September. Hopefully see you there!
Reply 5
Original post by EdmundPhilips
Where are you from then? I'm going to be 18 when uni starts in September

Near Coventry in the Midlands . .you?.
oo you must be excited :-)
Reply 6
Original post by FUNKmilitia
Hey,

I'm 26 and will be studying Dentistry at Newcastle in September. Hopefully see you there!

Yes hopefully will :-)
Original post by CJay90
Near Coventry in the Midlands . .you?.
oo you must be excited :-)

From Surrey and yes, I am :smile:
how's everyone feeling about freshers week? I would like to get involved but a little bit worried about having to adopt a parent role! or being seen as some dirty old man!
Reply 9
how's everyone feeling about freshers week? I would like to get involved but a little bit worried about having to adopt a parent role! or being seen as some dirty old man!

I dont even know when it is . .when is it? . Think the parent role or the old bore role will be mine seeing as im teetotal now lol
Original post by CJay90
I dont even know when it is . .when is it? . Think the parent role or the old bore role will be mine seeing as im teetotal now lol

I think it's the week beginning the 26th. I'm secretly hoping that they do a Mature students coffee morning or something so that I can get to know people without having to get smashed on cheap larger.
Reply 11
I think it's the week beginning the 26th. I'm secretly hoping that they do a Mature students coffee morning or something so that I can get to know people without having to get smashed on cheap larger.

Ah right ta ill have to make a note for 2 months time . Yeah coffee and cake as opposed to lager and scratchings .
Hey Chris I'm also worried about Gramps thing Lol I'm 22 and starting history at Newcastle. Are you staying in halls?
Reply 13
Original post by Tom017511
Hey Chris I'm also worried about Gramps thing Lol I'm 22 and starting history at Newcastle. Are you staying in halls?

Hey . . Lol yeah im in bowsden court . Yourself?? . . Psh 22 a relative youngster lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending