The Student Room Group

Is this girl playing me?

Alright, TSR. Help a brotha out here.

So I went out with this girl for the first time 2 weekends ago (not this past weekend, but the one before that). We met up for a few drinks. Got along incredibly well. I've never had a first date go as well as this. Conversation was flowing like the Nile. There weren't any awkward first date silences. We had a ton of things in common. She was very flirtatious. We spent about 3 or 4 hours at this bar. It was awesome. Eventually the night ended. I didn't kiss her only because her sister was picking her up and that would have been weird as ****. It was a blind date, if that matters.

She texts me later that night telling me how much fun she had. I replied. We both said how we couldn't wait to see each other again. So I call her up on Monday and plan a date for Saturday (this past Saturday). She says yes. Boom. We texted a lot during the week. And I am not a big texter at all. So Saturday comes around and she texts me like 2 hours before I was supposed to pick her up and tells me that she was still at work. Now she works at a hospital so I have no reason to doubt that she was actually working. The timing and lack of communication just irked me a bit. But I told her it was all good, not to worry, and she asked to reschedule. I say ok. I assumed she meant reschedule for this coming weekend. But maybe I shouldn't have assumed.

So I'm talking to her tonight and trying to reschedule the date. I ask what she's doing this coming weekend. She says she just remembered that she's going to the beach all weekend and won't be available. Eventually we agree on going out the following weekend. So in almost 2 weeks.

So I just re-read this. First of all it's a lot. My bad. Props to anyone who reads this. I'm also kind of drunk so I hope it's not too confusing. But I guess I'm just wondering is this girl playing me? Or am I just being really paranoid for no reason? She cancelled the first time we were supposed to go out because of work. Granted, it was a weeknight. Then she cancelled this past weekend and won't see me again for 2 weeks.

She's definitely into me. It's just the cancellations and 3 weeks between dates that is throwing me off and makes no sense. I've never encountered a situation like this. I also really like her, which is part of the *******. Not thinking clearly on this one. Am I just really overthinking this one? Any advice would be much appreciated.
She works in a hospital it's certainly not uncommon for people who work in hospitals to have to cancel social arrangements. I doubt she is playing you, she just has to do her job. As for the weekend at the beach that was clearly pre-planned and had nothing to do with you.
Reply 2
Dating is a jungle mate
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Alright, TSR. Help a brotha out here.

So I went out with this girl for the first time 2 weekends ago (not this past weekend, but the one before that). We met up for a few drinks. Got along incredibly well. I've never had a first date go as well as this. Conversation was flowing like the Nile. There weren't any awkward first date silences. We had a ton of things in common. She was very flirtatious. We spent about 3 or 4 hours at this bar. It was awesome. Eventually the night ended. I didn't kiss her only because her sister was picking her up and that would have been weird as ****. It was a blind date, if that matters.

She texts me later that night telling me how much fun she had. I replied. We both said how we couldn't wait to see each other again. So I call her up on Monday and plan a date for Saturday (this past Saturday). She says yes. Boom. We texted a lot during the week. And I am not a big texter at all. So Saturday comes around and she texts me like 2 hours before I was supposed to pick her up and tells me that she was still at work. Now she works at a hospital so I have no reason to doubt that she was actually working. The timing and lack of communication just irked me a bit. But I told her it was all good, not to worry, and she asked to reschedule. I say ok. I assumed she meant reschedule for this coming weekend. But maybe I shouldn't have assumed.

So I'm talking to her tonight and trying to reschedule the date. I ask what she's doing this coming weekend. She says she just remembered that she's going to the beach all weekend and won't be available. Eventually we agree on going out the following weekend. So in almost 2 weeks.

So I just re-read this. First of all it's a lot. My bad. Props to anyone who reads this. I'm also kind of drunk so I hope it's not too confusing. But I guess I'm just wondering is this girl playing me? Or am I just being really paranoid for no reason? She cancelled the first time we were supposed to go out because of work. Granted, it was a weeknight. Then she cancelled this past weekend and won't see me again for 2 weeks.

She's definitely into me. It's just the cancellations and 3 weeks between dates that is throwing me off and makes no sense. I've never encountered a situation like this. I also really like her, which is part of the *******. Not thinking clearly on this one. Am I just really overthinking this one? Any advice would be much appreciated.

You've lost son.
Why don't you arrange to see her one night during the week, opposed to having your arrangements exclusively at the weekend?
Reply 5
Original post by Jooooshy
Why don't you arrange to see her one night during the week, opposed to having your arrangements exclusively at the weekend?

Tried that the first time when she cancelled. She said she cancelled because of work. In fairness, like I said, she works at a hospital. She also drives a really long way to and from work. So I can understand being tired or whatever at the end of the day. After the first date, I asked her when I could see her again and she said weekends would be best.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Dating is a jungle mate

and the vagina... is a lion
I don't really see the *******. You say to her "you appreciate she has work and other obligations but you really enjoyed meeting her and would love to do it again." You say to her that "maybe it's best if she let's you know when is good for her. "

If she's into you as you're into her you're sorted and she should pursue it, if she isn't then what have you lost?

Wth, seems to be censoring a normal word on my end. Begins with a p, ends with roblem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by alexs2602
I don't really the see the *******. You say to her "you appreciate she has work and other obligations but you really enjoyed meeting her and would love to do it again." You say to her that "maybe it's best if she let's you know when is good for her. "

If she's into you as you're into her you're sorted and she should pursue it, if she isn't then what have you lost?

Wth, seems to be censoring a normal word on my end. Begins with a p, ends with roblem.

Censored it on mine too. I was confused as well.

But that's pretty much exactly what I've done. I'm just sitting here drunkenly overthinking everything.
Reply 9
Just get on with your life and stop looking out for other people. If shes that keen then no doubt she will get back to you at some point. Treat em mean, keep em keen ...
Reply 10
There's no prob*** here. (you mad TSR inb4 card for avoiding swear filter)

Anyway if there's a long time I guess there's more stuff to talk about during the break.
I think you're overthinking things. Just keep in contact with her and make sure you nail down a date for the next weekend shes available
Original post by Anonymous
Censored it on mine too. I was confused as well.

But that's pretty much exactly what I've done. I'm just sitting here drunkenly overthinking everything.

Honestly I think your biggest issue would be making a big deal out of it. Don't do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending