The Student Room Group

Why are nightclubs sexist towards men?

I get invited to a lot events on my facebook to club nights, alot of them saying all men must be searched before entering, free entry to girls all night, girls get a bucket to share. So bloody sexist, I've seen women smuggle in drugs and why do girls get special treatment.

I remember asking a bouncer before why he doesn't search girls and he refused me entry because I asked. another time I was refused entry because he said I was drunk when I was completely sober yet he let loads of drunk girls in after me.

Why are clubs so sexist towards men?

Scroll to see replies

The whole notion of being chosen / approved / admitted by the morons who are on the door / bouncers is offensive to me. In general in life I do not let any person treat me like a peasant. Clubs are a ridiculously over rated environment / pursuit.
Because no-one wants a cockheavy club
Put it this way, it would be FAR more if a cock rest inside if the bouncers weren't selective. Just show up with a few girls in your group and you will get in fine
Original post by Old_Simon
The whole notion of being chosen / approved / admitted by the morons who are on the door / bouncers is offensive to me. In general in life I do not let any person treat me like a peasant. Clubs are a ridiculously over rated environment / pursuit.

They seem to have an overly inflated opinion of themselves. They're just a guy standing at a door for minimum wage.

Guys being in clubs doesn't matter. More women being inside is all that matters. You're pretty much irrelevent to the owner.
(edited 9 years ago)
They want loads of girls at the club, so guys would want to come. I really don't like the way the whole clubbing scene works and I agree with the person who said it's annoying being treated like crap by bouncers!
I all my years of clubbing I've never been given preferential treatment because I'm a girl, no freebies, no queue skipping. In fact I'm usually the only one they ID. Don't know where you're going out OP but I want a piece of that!
Reply 7
Original post by LonelyDemon
I get invited to a lot events on my facebook to club nights, alot of them saying all men must be searched before entering, free entry to girls all night, girls get a bucket to share. So bloody sexist, I've seen women smuggle in drugs and why do girls get special treatment.

I remember asking a bouncer before why he doesn't search girls and he refused me entry because I asked. another time I was refused entry because he said I was drunk when I was completely sober yet he let loads of drunk girls in after me.

well I used to work as a doorman.
and tbh I am forever disgusted with humanity because of it.

bouncers are largely idiots.
a bunch of wannabe hard men. criminals. or idiots who couldn't, who's most redeeming quality is the ability to stand beside a door, discriminate and remove people from a premises.

they all have an ego the size of saturn and think they are the god that guards the gates into heaven. they masturbate about the power they have.

its pathetic.

some are ok i've worked with a few. but the good guys rarely stay. it wares you out and you risk bringing the ******** persona you need for door duty to your home and social circles which isnt good.

so it does not surprise me you had some ******** of a bouncer who decided he just didnt like the cut of your jib and denied you access.

i think in a country like the uk where public service is so present. and consumer rights are so highly esteemed. we forget that these are still private clubs. that are not obligated in anyway to let you in.

anyway. heres the deal.

music that men like isnt usually played or catered to.

rock nights and grime nights that pull more of a male crowed that likes to mosh. they don't spend as much money. because they're actually having fun without drinking so much. still drinking yes. but not as much.

or at least not as much as they would if it was a girls night.

the music is tailored for girls to dance to and to attract girls. hence free entry or even free drinks to entice them.

the guys will see the girls lining up in the cue or in the club and will want to get in to get to the girls.

you wanna discriminate with the guys. early on let pretty much anyone in. but what you don't want is ugly people or violent people. you make these judgements yourself.

some bouncers and even entire security firms for clubs racially discriminate.

its a bit sick. like they'll not let any black men in. but they'll let black women in to be exotic sexual attractions for the men. or vice versa with black clubs.

there may be a certain dress code to get in a club. there also may not be but the bouncer might just dislike you. its known stuff. you just make up what you like. you're too drunk, not wearing that brand, not those shoes, or just simply. no.

they won't let large groups of lads in. which does serve a practical purpose. men naturally team orientate. if one lad starts wanting to fight with the bouncers and you start dragging him out you don't want 30 of his mates jumping in too.

then you got drug dealers and gangsters coming in. who are often in cahoots with the staff. and if not then some real trouble can kick off. not that big a ******* nowadays but in the 90s it was big style.

you also have to watch out for female criminals like prostitutes, pick pockets and general thieves who like to roll (literally stealing from a person so drunk they don't know whats going on) guys for their stuff.

girls offer sex to the bouncers

they ralley round guys who are special so they can get in the club.

but thats a big thing is turning away girls too. if its hard even for girls to get in. its more exclusive.

the more people you exclude and the harder it is to get in. the more people want to get in.

like the whole idea of VIP is a joke.

its a club where you're suppose to have fun and dance.

but people will pay up to the eyeballs to sit down in a booth where they watch everyone else have a good time.

and you see some really shameful stuff. everyone cheating on everyone.

but yea. its all designed for girls. the guys come in. drink more because they're nervous.
enjoy going to the bar cause it gives them something to do.
and they try and buy more drinks to impress girls or win their favour.

because sadly in the club scene.
all the girls are groupies waiting for a star.
and all the guys are nobodies waiting to become a star by getting female attention.
girls are essentially the currency.
and the guy with the most female attention is king.
but of course this world of slags and neanderthals can be quite emotional for people to handle and then people wanna lash out because they didn't become the star that they'd hoped to become that night. or somebody humiliated them. possibly one of the security even.

it really has effected me and made me lose respect for people. more so women. who actively behave like currency in that environment.

cause i've even seen girlfriend's of friends of mine in there behaving like that. and you would never think they would if you met them on a normal day.

makes the pro-female-empowerment voice inside my head die every time.

anyway its all a mess.

the alternative is illegal raves.

but the ******* with them is you get guys like this turning up

or guys like this who just see it as a chance to get extremely off their nut on drugs

I think it would be great to have less drug infested illegal raves.

but alas i am rambling...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mick.w
snip

Best. Post. Ever.
Men spend more money. That's business for you.

But bouncers are ***holes, met so many who think its acceotable to grope drunk girls
Reply 10
Original post by scrotgrot
Best. Post. Ever.

thank you my friend.
Original post by tillytots
Men spend more money. That's business for you.

But bouncers are ***holes, met so many who think its acceotable to grope drunk girls

And be violent with male punters, probably about equivalent harm.

Op the solution is to vote with your feet clubs are **** anyway. Then feel vindicated when you see the club girls on facebook whining about how all the men they meet are scum (since all the decent ones have abdicated their role in the whole sorry business)
Original post by LonelyDemon

I suggest you find a better venue. I've never had a p roblem getting in to clubs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scrotgrot
And be violent with male punters, probably about equivalent harm.

Op the solution is to vote with your feet clubs are **** anyway. Then feel vindicated when you see the club girls on facebook whining about how all the men they meet are scum (since all the decent ones have abdicated their role in the whole sorry business)

That too. i know a guy who got bottled and the bouncers just shrugged their shoulders.

Most leeds clubs are notorious for not letting any asian guys in i.e Missions and Space. They simply do not want asian lads in there.(personal experience)
In Cardiff I'm sure this never happens. No one ever gets searched, and everyone is let in and is charged the same amount. The only time I suppose there might be issue is if a venue is full capacity and operates a one out, one in policy. But I've never been patient enough to wait in a cue for that.
Original post by Mick.w

they won't let large groups of lads in. which does serve a practical purpose. men naturally team orientate. if one lad starts wanting to fight with the bouncers and you start dragging him out you don't want 30 of his mates jumping in too.

I'm pretty sure big groups of guys know to split into 2s and 3s now anyway
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I all my years of clubbing I've never been given preferential treatment because I'm a girl, no freebies, no queue skipping. In fact I'm usually the only one they ID. Don't know where you're going out OP but I want a piece of that!

Same! I've never known this, nor have any of my friends. Where do you go clubbing?
Men are where all the money comes from in terms of drinks sales so it would be nonsensical to discriminate against them too much.
It's because women are the product the clubs are selling. They know men don't want to go to a club that's full of other men so they do everything they can to prevent that from happening. That said, I don't recognise most of the stuff you've mentioned. Most clubs don't search (big London clubs are the exception in my experience), and if they do they only usually check bags which affects women more than men. It's very rare that a club offers free entry to women - the majority of the time we have to pay the same as men.

Latest