The Student Room Group

I used to be a Mormon AMA!

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

What's a Mormon?
Were your grandparents Mormons? If not were they baptised?

What made you leave? Did your parents leave as well? If not, do they know that you've left?

Do you plan to marry a Mormon? If so, will you allow your husband to have many wives?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Moron*

Reply 4
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Were your grandparents Mormons? If not were they baptised?

What made you leave? Did your parents leave as well? If not, do they know that you've left?

Do you plan to marry a Mormon? If so, will you allow your husband to have many wives?

Posted from TSR Mobile

- I was actually a convert to the church (weird I know). I was really into religion at the time and I thought the mormon church was the 'real' church.
- I left because I believe the Mormon church is a corporation, based on fabricate lies which aims to make as much money as possible at the expense of its brainwashed -members
- I was so desperate to marry a Mormon man. Had various proposals after weeks of 'dating' but I declined, thank god!!!
- Polygamy isn't practised anymore...only the fundamentalists of the church have multiple wives, and they mostly live out in the desert in america

:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by plusC
Moron*

That's original
Reply 6
Original post by ldsbabe
That's original

I'm 100% original, you should know this
My personal value varies all the time
Reply 7
Original post by plusC

*tumble weed*
Reply 8
How did you escape? And are you family snubbing you for being a disgrace?

Original post by plusC

Your personal value fluctuates between -1 and 0.
Reply 9
Original post by ldsbabe
*tumble weed*

Oh okay then.
Reply 10
Original post by Armin.

Now that isn't strictly true, I am the constant of integration, I can take any value so long as its a constant
Original post by ldsbabe

How was the tithing for you? Did you manage to keep up payments and did they pressure you for them?

Does the mormon church like to arrange for its women to marry mormon men?
Reply 12
Original post by Limpopo
How was the tithing for you? Did you manage to keep up payments and did they pressure you for them?

Does the mormon church like to arrange for its women to marry mormon men?

They try to make out that tithing is an optional donation, but in reality...if you don't pay your tithing then you are excluded from entering the temple and there's quite a stigma. At the time, I was paying tithing on my EMA (this was some years ago), which left me with literally nothing. It's an unfair system.

They don't arrange it as such...but it's HEAVILY driven into you that you will marry Mormon. There are YSA (young single adult) events weekly for people to meet such as dances and camps.
Reply 13
Original post by Armin.

Hahaha loved the personal value comment.

My parents aren't members so I didn't have to deal with that, thankfully. A lot of the Exmormons I know have been disowned and really struggle with family still in the church.
I left by chance. I was just reading about church history on the internet...opened pandoras box, so to speak, and couldn't ignore what I had read.
Original post by TheDaylighter
What's a Mormon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormons
Do you miss anything? I'm a Mormon and I just love the feeling it gives me. Even if I didn't believe in it I'd still want to live the lifestyle. :smile: I respect your decision to leave though, everybody should be free to make their own choice. My brother has left the church but I still love him to pieces. :biggrin: Oh and how did you join if you're a convert?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by SusieShire
Do you miss anything? I'm a Mormon and I just love the feeling it gives me. Even if I didn't believe in it I'd still want to live the lifestyle. :smile: I respect your decision to leave though, everybody should be free to make their own choice. My brother has left the church but I still love him to pieces. :biggrin: Oh and how did you join if you're a convert?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww hey girl!! I totally agree that the mormon sense of community and lifestyle (to an extent) are amazing and so fulfilling. To me though, it's more important to live an authentic life and be true to myself.
JOSEPH SMITH AND BRIGHAM YOUNG (beating noise: DUMDUMDUMDUMDUM!)
Reply 18
Why do Mormon churches have basketball courts outside? Are they extra-terrestrial?
Reply 19
Original post by drctrl
Why do Mormon churches have basketball courts outside? Are they extra-terrestrial?

Most churches have basketball courts inside...and then people get married on the basket ball court...it's the tackiest thing ever.

Quick Reply

Latest