The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

postgrad - evidence of degree classification?

i'm completely confused - i literally don't understand what you're meant to send into the uni to show evidence that you got a certain grade. i tried sending them a transcript that had been printed off, stamped and signed by my department, and then scanned and emailed, and they said it was a copy. unless they mean because it was scanned in (which is confusing because they haven't offered an address to which to send physical copies) what on earth is a real transcript? thats all that my uni office would give me?

do i need to send in my actual certificate? can i send in a scan of that or do i have to post them the real thing?

seeing as ive now asked this twice of people from leeds and i still dont really understand (they just keep saying they want a 'real' transcript) thought it would be best to ask other students instead lol
Reply 1
Original post by lobloblob
i'm completely confused - i literally don't understand what you're meant to send into the uni to show evidence that you got a certain grade. i tried sending them a transcript that had been printed off, stamped and signed by my department, and then scanned and emailed, and they said it was a copy. unless they mean because it was scanned in (which is confusing because they haven't offered an address to which to send physical copies) what on earth is a real transcript? thats all that my uni office would give me?

do i need to send in my actual certificate? can i send in a scan of that or do i have to post them the real thing?

seeing as ive now asked this twice of people from leeds and i still dont really understand (they just keep saying they want a 'real' transcript) thought it would be best to ask other students instead lol

Hello,
I am sure the issue is not because it was scanned, i already send two transcript in the University of Leeds. The first one was for my application and the second to prove my final grade of my bachelor degree (graduated this June and applied for a postgraduate degree) and the procedure was exactly as you did. Got it in a close big envelope, sealed and sign by the administration of my university and then scan it and send it by email. From your description i really cant see what's the *******. Your transcript was stamped and signed therefore it should be original not a copy. Try send an email to the appropriate department of Leeds or try to talk to your department to resolve this issue.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Andreascy
Hello,
I am sure the issue is not because it was scanned, i already send two transcript in the University of Leeds. The first one was for my application and the second to prove my final grade of my bachelor degree (graduated this June and applied for a postgraduate degree) and the procedure was exactly as you did. Got it in a close big envelope, sealed and sign by the administration of my university and then scan it and send it by email. From your description i really cant see what's the *******. Your transcript was stamped and signed therefore it should be original not a copy. Try send an email to the appropriate department of Leeds or try to talk to your department to resolve this issue.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, the transcript is the one that has all of your module grades for your bachelors, including your grade for each year and your final grade? Have you sent in your degree certificate as well? When I originally sent in my transcript and the woman sent it back I argued that it was signed and stamped by the uni but she explicitly said that it wasn't enough and that they needed a 'real' transcript. I guess I'll just email her again, lol.
Guys, do we have to send the certificate and transcript by post or scanning them and sending an e-mail to admissions is enough? Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by lobloblob
Just to make sure that we're on the same page, the transcript is the one that has all of your module grades for your bachelors, including your grade for each year and your final grade? Have you sent in your degree certificate as well? When I originally sent in my transcript and the woman sent it back I argued that it was signed and stamped by the uni but she explicitly said that it wasn't enough and that they needed a 'real' transcript. I guess I'll just email her again, lol.

Yes that is the transcript that i send. My degree will be given to me tomorrow so i am yet with an unconditional offer because they didn't accept the transcript in this occasion and they told me that they need my official degree certification. But i didn't had the issue that you mention with the transcript, of designed as a "copy".
Reply 5
Original post by Magdalena_Z
Guys, do we have to send the certificate and transcript by post or scanning them and sending an e-mail to admissions is enough? Thanks!

From my experience up to now, scanning is okay. All the documents that i provided was through scanning and afterwards send it via email.
Reply 6
I also scanned and sent it through mail. Furthermore, we need to bring original copies and register ourselves when we reach the uni.
Reply 7
Original post by tianqi
I also scanned and sent it through mail. Furthermore, we need to bring original copies and register ourselves when we reach the uni.

Right, is there any link in their website that mentions which documents we will need when we arrive so as to successfully register ?
Reply 8
Original post by Andreascy
Right, is there any link in their website that mentions which documents we will need when we arrive so as to successfully register ?

Please take a look at this website...this is what I got so far :smile:
http://www.internationalstudentsupport.leeds.ac.uk/welcome_orientation/registration/
Reply 9
Original post by tianqi
Please take a look at this website...this is what I got so far :smile:
http://www.internationalstudentsupport.leeds.ac.uk/welcome_orientation/registration/

Thank you this is very helpful , i will also send them an email to confirm this when the time comes.

Quick Reply

Latest