The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
There are so many business/business finance/accfin students that they can't fit them all into D003 (the main lecutre theatre) so they run every lecture twice. It should only be around 15 hours a week, thats what it was like last year when I did first year. You get tutorials every fortnight for finance, management, economics, accounting and study & research methods then IT and quant methods every week. They will assign you seminar groups, as 275+ first year business students trying to pick their own times would be chaos, so you may get some awful time, or days with 4 seminars and 1 lecture like my monday was last year.

Hope that helps.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
they have messed the business timetable up the past few years though...so expect to be given a "temporary" timetable on your first few days.

then about 2 weeks later be given a proper timetable!!

was very annoying when they did this last year.

as woody87 says, you have seminars every other week...so IIRC one week you have about 12hours stuff, the other more like 18hours.

but dont worry (if anyone else is reading) they give you the timetable when you register on like the monday or tuesday of freshers week.
Reply 3
so we don't need to choose modules like everyone else does?
Chris06
so we don't need to choose modules like everyone else does?

no, the 1st year is without options

all the people on the business, business finance and accounting and finance degrees do the same first year.

its only from the 2nd year onwards where you get choices.
Reply 5
thanks again!
P.S i've reped you on one of the previous post for yr great help!

Latest

Trending

Trending