The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

National Scholarship Programme - University of Hertfordshire

Hi, I've received a letter about the NSP and have looked into it a bit on the website. I was wondering what the Laptop Package includes if anyone knows please? I do need a new laptop but I was wondering if I could split some of the money between a laptop and a tablet?

Also is the Book Allowance voucher only to be used in campus shops or can it be used in, say, WHSmiths or Waterstones?

Thanks!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lucy.hy31
Hi, I've received a letter about the NSP and have looked into it a bit on the website. I was wondering what the Laptop Package includes if anyone knows please? I do need a new laptop but I was wondering if I could split some of the money between a laptop and a tablet?

Also is the Book Allowance voucher only to be used in campus shops or can it be used in, say, WHSmiths or Waterstones?

Thanks!!

Hiya,
I got the same letter on Saturday about this. I assume the page you saw was this one?
National Scholarship Programme (NSP) | University of Hertfordshire

Judging by what it's saying I would think that most of what this program is offering would only be of use within the University. What you could do however is give them a ring and ask them.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by lucy.hy31

Thanks!!

I'm a second year NSP student now , for the laptop they don't give you 700 to buy a laptop , they give you a laptop and a few other bits such as software and a case to the value of £700.
I got the book Allowance voucher last year and they where basically amazon vouchers
Original post by lukeisfantasy
I'm a second year NSP student now , for the laptop they don't give you 700 to buy a laptop , they give you a laptop and a few other bits such as software and a case to the value of £700.
I got the book Allowance voucher last year and they where basically amazon vouchers

hey just wondering whether its worth getting this package or saving up myself, which laptop did you get with this program, as im sure it will be something similar this year :smile: thanks
Original post by kristie_uni
hey just wondering whether its worth getting this package or saving up myself, which laptop did you get with this program, as im sure it will be something similar this year :smile: thanks

i personally didn't get the laptop , but i think it was a newish HP one, could be different this year, considering most decent laptops are around 300-400, it would probably be cheaper to save up yourself for one and get some other option with the program

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending